Cowboy Fast Draw is just plain Fun! Who has tried it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FirearmPatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    I recently went to a Cowboy Fast Draw Match in Hartford, Kentucky put on by the Blue Grass Cowboy Fast Draw Club. What a fun way to preserve a little American heritage. I was surprised to see how cheap it was to shoot. They use a wax bullet in a .45lc cartridge which is propelled by a shotgun primer. Once you have the cases which can be used over and over again, it only costs about .06 cents a round to shoot. One of the most inexpensive firearm sports I have seen. If any of you have done this I would like to hear your experience. I may go buy me a Ruger Six Shooter soon.
    [video=youtube;juldbZftum8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juldbZftum8[/video]

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Looking at there web site there are not groups listed in Indiana. IF anyone knows of a group starting up drop me a PM I would really like to start doing this.

ductape

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Wax bullets you say? I think I'd like to give it a try. I was always afraid I'd shoot my foot off. I have a couple Ruger singles, but 357 and 44 is kinda expensive and pain full if I mess up :laugh:

Top Bottom