• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Sounds like they need help with staffing. I see story after story of hospital staff suffering from burnout. And hospitals with "bed shortages" due to lack of staffing. This seems to be a quick method to give some relief. Drop the vaccine mandates and watch the staffing issues improve. It's worth a try, don't you think? Rather than calling in the National Guard, why not bring the people back with the experience to help the most?

Bringing in the national guard is yet another oppotunity for state to provide a solution to the problem state made demonstrating yet again its necessity.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Again, big assumption to make from what I’ve heard from actual nurses. What I’m saying though is it doesn’t actually matter. If you get sick right now, you’re going to have a bad time. For whatever reason has caused it.
    Agreed, but there is a solution that could help. I'm not claiming it would completely solve the problem, but it would help. It would certainly help more than keeping people that want to work from working because of the ridiculous mandates, and work more quickly than having to train National Guard members or temp agency personnel (as hoosierdoc said).

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Agreed, but there is a solution that could help. I'm not claiming it would completely solve the problem, but it would help. It would certainly help more than keeping people that want to work from working because of the ridiculous mandates, and work more quickly than having to train National Guard members or temp agency personnel (as hoosierdoc said).

Hundreds to thousands of healthcare workers have been put out of work due to the vaxx mandate, so yeah, seems like a self inflicted wound to me. Blame the POS healthcare organizations, not the virus as the buck stops at the idiots in charge making this type of decision. And yes, there would be at least some relief by dropping the mandates and bringing people back to work.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    angry-joe-vaccination-meme.jpg

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a coworker that was diagnosed with Covid and part of the diagnosis was pneumonia. He has been in the hospital for over 3 weeks and as I understand it now, he has one lung that has virtually stopped working and the other has been in limited capacity. They have told him he will need at least a lung transplant possibly a double lung transplant. No he wasn't vax'd and as I understand hasn't been the most cooperative patient either. Now, I have no idea if it is the omicron variant or not but since late summer I've known multiple people both fully vax'd and non vax'd that have been hit incredibly hard by this stuff.
    When these vaccines came out, I wanted to wait a while and see how effective they would be and to see if there would be any orders to stop their use due to side effects or lack of effectiveness. I think HoosierDoc is being straight with all of us when he says he believes we will either all get it at least once (or may have already had it).

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, working on day 6 of my 2nd round of the Rona. This iteration has been highly annoying, with very little in the way of serious symptoms. Fever, headache, and fatigue are constant, with sore throat, coughing, and muscle aches making occasional appearances. Also developed a rash on my arms, but that may be heat or acetaminophen related. I quit taking Tylenol last night, so we will see if it goes away. Overall, a much less dire experience than round 1 in early 2020. A little sad that immunity is def not lifetime. I'm the 5th person in my immediate circle to get diagnosed in the last two weeks, and the third to be a re-infect case.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    This isn’t possible. The news says that 90% of all Covid cases are unvaccinated.
    No, actually the liberal politicians and the liberal media is saying it is a "pandemic of the unvaccinated" but the medical community actually issued a warning to those voices. There are plenty of media voices that are telling the truth and showing that in some regions with high vaccination rates the case load is made up of vaccinated.

However, all that bias noted, the hospitalizations tend to be mostly the unvaccinated by a large majority.

Omicron may change things up even more. It is barely here in the USA now, we still have a vast majority of Delta. Omicron will likely become a wave in January.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw

Looks like it is heating up again in Europe. Just two more weeks...

Top Bottom