• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thank you, as always, for providing a real “boots on the ground” view. We can argue forever in the Covid threads, but this kind of direct observation is what matters. Even if someone isn’t worried about Covid, hearing these problems should be alarming.

What has me curious is what sort of demographics are observed? Is it the traditional victims of the WuFlu, meaning those who are older than 65 and/or with serious health problems? Or is there a sudden uptick of younger, healthier people being affected?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    What has me curious is what sort of demographics are observed? Is it the traditional victims of the WuFlu, meaning those who are older than 65 and/or with serious health problems? Or is there a sudden uptick of younger, healthier people being affected?
    I’d love to have access to the data. Of the vaccinated patients, how long ago? Also, are these omicron variant cases?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    COVID has reared its head again and it's bad. Still mostly unvax being admitted, but pretty much all hospitals are on diversion.

I have been told at 8am no one is getting a bed today. University hospital is probably on a 7-10 day wait for inpatient beds, which is tough because i have one of their post-op patients here who needs to be there.

If you are under care of a doc at a particular hospital, go directly there if you can. Don't assume you'll just be transferred after workup in an ER.

They to talk to your family doc and use urgent cares for non-severe symptoms. Flu is starting to show up also.

This is gonna be awful.

To be clear: it's s not just Bad because of COVID. But they are accounting for about a third of my admissions in the last few days.
    Thanks for the update, although I have to wonder how much of this is due to their own fault?

A good friend of mine thought he had strep and went to urgent care last night. His strep test was negative so they did a covid test. He was positive for covid.

He was told to go home and rest. He asked, "no treatment or prescription"? And was told no.

He asked if he was positive for strep, would it have been treated - they said yes, he'd have a prescription and instructions.

But since he's sick with the "pandemic virus" - zero treatment. And we wonder why the hospitals are full?!

My wife tested positive a few weeks ago and went to a different urgent care via telehealth. She was immediately asked if she had a way to monitor her o2 levels and was then given prescriptions and a stout vitamin regimen.

I became ill a few days after my wife and was shocked that for the guy who never gets sick, it turned into pneumonia. A few added prescriptions and I kicked it in about a week (thankfully). I'm about fully recovered now but it amazes me how differently it affects everyone individually...especially those who shouldn't have any issues with it.

It really blows me away how this "pandemic" is being handled... where most receive no treatment until it's too late...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Thanks for the update, although I have to wonder how much of this is due to their own fault?

A good friend of mine thought he had strep and went to urgent care last night. His strep test was negative so they did a covid test. He was positive for covid.

He was told to go home and rest. He asked, "no treatment or prescription"? And was told no.

He asked if he was positive for strep, would it have been treated - they said yes, he'd have a prescription and instructions.

But since he's sick with the "pandemic virus" - zero treatment. And we wonder why the hospitals are full?!

My wife tested positive a few weeks ago and went to a different urgent care via telehealth. She was immediately asked if she had a way to monitor her o2 levels and was then given prescriptions and a stout vitamin regimen.

I became ill a few days after my wife and was shocked that for the guy who never gets sick, it turned into pneumonia. A few added prescriptions and I kicked it in about a week (thankfully). I'm about fully recovered now but it amazes me how differently it affects everyone individually...especially those who shouldn't have any issues with it.

It really blows me away how this "pandemic" is being handled... where most receive no treatment until it's too late...
    Well generally we don't have treatment for viruses. And honestly there is a big push in emergency medicine to stop treating strep throat with antibiotics. Doesn't seem to be any benefit, and there are huge side effects of the millions of scripts of antibiotics written for it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Correct. Especially odd considering how well it seems to respond to certain easily obtained regimens of vitamins/minerals, antibiotics and occasionally a horse dewormer... :rolleyes:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Still generally the old and obese getting sick. But the young people don't like feeling poorly so they come in also. Take a bed for a while and go home. Generally unvax and scared. They don't want to feel sick.

Guy today with COVID getting antibody infusion.

"Knowing how much COVID sucks now, do you wish you would have gotten the vaccine?"

No.

So again, everyone is likely going to get COVID at least once. Question is do you want that first time to be with some sort of immunity already.

The system is strained heavily. If we have a bad flu year or a mass casualty, it's gonna get real messy.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Still generally the old and obese getting sick. But the young people don't like feeling poorly so they come in also. Take a bed for a while and go home. Generally unvax and scared. They don't want to feel sick.

Guy today with COVID getting antibody infusion.

"Knowing how much COVID sucks now, do you wish you would have gotten the vaccine?"

No.

So again, everyone is likely going to get COVID at least once. Question is do you want that first time to be with some sort of immunity already.

The system is strained heavily. If we have a bad flu year or a mass casualty, it's gonna get real messy.

My GF and I both just rode it out. Didn't even think about going to the hospital. Wouldn't do that unless it was looking absolutely necessary. Disclaimer, I didn't get tested when she was positive as I assumed I was also positive being in close proximity. Don't know for sure I had the WuFlu.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Correct. Especially odd considering how well it seems to respond to certain easily obtained regimens of vitamins/minerals, antibiotics and occasionally a horse dewormer... :rolleyes:
    Blew my mind. I shared how the wife and I beat it and told him where he could get a script...

The only other person I know who's had a tough time with it is my brother, so I'm sure something genetically with us gave us a hard time.

Still don't think I've heard of someone being as bad as I was, beating it as quick as I did. Meds / vitamins thankfully did their thing. That said, if I were a betting man, I'd have told you I'd been symptom free and it would have killed my wife (given the past 15 years history of how often she's been sick and I haven't been).

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    My GF and I both just rode it out. Didn't even think about going to the hospital. Wouldn't do that unless it was looking absolutely necessary. Disclaimer, I didn't get tested when she was positive as I assumed I was also positive being in close proximity. Don't know for sure I had the WuFlu.
    Same here. Wife tested positive, I felt like #*&#... didn't need a test to tell me I was ill. I was bad enough to go to the hospital but didn't. My conditions started improving at the right time.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Thank you, as always, for providing a real “boots on the ground” view. We can argue forever in the Covid threads, but this kind of direct observation is what matters. Even if someone isn’t worried about Covid, hearing these problems should be alarming.

Problems due to what?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The fact no beds are available and little hope of it getting better. If you get sick from anything right now, you may not have a great experience. COVID or not, that’s a problem.

I suspect it is not a problem due to a lack of beds. I do suspect it is a problem due to a lack of workers turned away due to the plandemic.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I suspect it is not a problem due to a lack of beds. I do suspect it is a problem due to a lack of workers turned away due to the plandemic.
    And that changes…what? Lack of beds, lack of people, it makes no difference. Maybe it’s space aliens, but you’re still not getting a bed if you need a hospital.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    And that changes…what? Lack of beds, lack of people, it makes no difference. Maybe it’s space aliens, but you’re still not getting a bed if you need a hospital.

That's like asking, "Now that I have been lied to, what difference does truth make?"

This is a self induced "crisis".

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think we have to make a lot of assumptions as to how many direct caregivers lost their jobs over vaccines in order to say it would be just that easy.
    Sounds like they need help with staffing. I see story after story of hospital staff suffering from burnout. And hospitals with "bed shortages" due to lack of staffing. This seems to be a quick method to give some relief. Drop the vaccine mandates and watch the staffing issues improve. It's worth a try, don't you think? Rather than calling in the National Guard, why not bring the people back with the experience to help the most?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Sounds like they need help with staffing. I see story after story of hospital staff suffering from burnout. And hospitals with "bed shortages" due to lack of staffing. This seems to be a quick method to give some relief. Drop the vaccine mandates and watch the staffing issues improve. It's worth a try, don't you think? Rather than calling in the National Guard, why not bring the people back with the experience to help the most?
    Again, big assumption to make from what I’ve heard from actual nurses. What I’m saying though is it doesn’t actually matter. If you get sick right now, you’re going to have a bad time. For whatever reason has caused it.

Top Bottom