• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You're right. You'd better stay home and keep us all safe.

This is Denmark. A "pandemic of the vaccinated" is likely upon us...

66ce62599790323be379b8d5c71455da.jpg
    Meaningless. Total hospitalised cases at the time of this report (according to your link): 93.

Don't confuse infection rates with hospitalizations or deaths.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The real question, to me, is not whether I'm sick or not, but whether through my action I get someone else seriously ill from carrying a virus that could potentially kill them
    Let's put aside for a moment the fact that the common cold virus could potentially kill someone, as could a number of other common virus that have existed before COVID19 came along.

The only valid remaining argument for vaccination centers on the idea that getting the jabs makes it much more likely that someone who gets infected won't have severe symptoms or require hospitalization. If that's the case, which I tend to believe, then it's up to someone to make the personal decision whether to get vaccinated. If they do, great. If they don't, that's their right. In either scenario, it's not the responsibility of healthy people to "protect" anyone else from what may potentially happen.

Someday while driving I may be forced to swerve out of the way of a child that runs in front of my car. That may force me into another vehicle, causing an accident. It would be unreasonable to expect me to give up driving simply because there is a small potential risk of harm to someone else in the future. Especially if this is due to circumstances an individual has zero control over.

This idea that we must isolate healthy people to protect others that have the free will to take precautionary steps to protect themselves is completely new as a result of COVID. It's also so far removed from common sense at this point that it's laughable. If you drill down deep enough you will always find ways your actions may harm someone else. Short of every human isolating themselves into a plastic bubble indefinitely, it's up to individuals to make their own risk assessment and move on with their lives.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    it's up to individuals to make their own risk assessment and move on with their lives.
    This. next thing you know, you'll be denied a medical procedure/coverage just because you're morbidly obese.

"Sorry Mr Grease, since you are 5'6" 560lbs, you dont qualify for a bypass procedure because you didnt take reasonable precautions to keep your weight/health in check. Because you chose not to diet and not smoke, your failure to do what is necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle disqualifies you from care. Here are some pain killers to take while you die at home. Here is also a list of what your next of kin need to do when you finally do die from this.

Good luck, and buh bye. Literally. "

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Let's put aside for a moment the fact that the common cold virus could potentially kill someone, as could a number of other common virus that have existed before COVID19 came along.

The only valid remaining argument for vaccination centers on the idea that getting the jabs makes it much more likely that someone who gets infected won't have severe symptoms or require hospitalization. If that's the case, which I tend to believe, then it's up to someone to make the personal decision whether to get vaccinated. If they do, great. If they don't, that's their right. In either scenario, it's not the responsibility of healthy people to "protect" anyone else from what may potentially happen.

Someday while driving I may be forced to swerve out of the way of a child that runs in front of my car. That may force me into another vehicle, causing an accident. It would be unreasonable to expect me to give up driving simply because there is a small potential risk of harm to someone else in the future. Especially if this is due to circumstances an individual has zero control over.

This idea that we must isolate healthy people to protect others that have the free will to take precautionary steps to protect themselves is completely new as a result of COVID. It's also so far removed from common sense at this point that it's laughable. If you drill down deep enough you will always find ways your actions may harm someone else. Short of every human isolating themselves into a plastic bubble indefinitely, it's up to individuals to make their own risk assessment and move on with their lives.

An argument from the trivial.

The comment I responded to was "testing people with no symptoms needs to stop". As is the case with almost all INGO threads, it spiraled rapidly down from there.

Elderly people are the most at risk from Covid. Even though the death rates are low, an elderly person has a 3 to 5 times higher chance of a negative outcome than most of you. Why do you suppose it is your "right" to attend an event with Granny and infect her?

In my neighborhood, there lives a fairly large extended family. I don't know how many generations, but I think 3 or 4. As of today, about 1/3 of them have come down with Covid symptoms. Hopefully, not serious. But, the likelihood is: one of the relatives who was asymptomatic brought the virus into a family gathering over the past fortnight. Who or when isn't known at this point. But some of them have been isolating since 2020 and now are fighting the infection.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Agreed. Granny has that right since it's her house. Granny has absolutely no right to tell me to get vaccinated and wear a worthless mask while out in public. Granny has the choice to accept my decision or she can FATWO.
    Granny doesn't care whether you get vaccinated, wear a mask or father offspring with Brazilians.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I wish someone would explain to me how there is any moral responsibility for someone to get vaccinated when that vaccine has zero effect on that person's ability to transmit the virus. It is a simple question but well over a year into the vaccine worship and no one can explain that.

I have now been exposed multiple times to the virus and all but one were already vaccinated.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Please don't conflate flu and Covid, amigo.
    We have been lied to..............

CDC Withdraws Use of PCR Test for COVID, Says Test Can Not Differentiate Between the Flu and COVID Virus​

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Granny has a right to tell you to GTFO of her house and not visit.
    Most grannys were trying to see their grandkids after just a few months - not trying to stay away!

Our neighbors, dad died last year (not from covid, thought it was likely on the death certificate). They hadn't seen him in over 6 months thanks to this BS. Think they regret not seeing him due to covid?

Top Bottom