• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    We built up an entire system to treat them as we are required to by law. Then they stopped coming because they're afraid of COVID and our volumes fell down massively.

Now they're generally finding care elsewhere and have been replaced by Uber sick people

I just want to publicly thank you for all of the posts you have made since the pandemic started! I am sure you are a busy man with better things to do, but it is so helpful for someone like me to have access to information I can trust amongst the sea of nonsense. The nuggets from your perspective are far more useful than you probably realize.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Your symptoms sound a lot like mine. Yesterday I thought I was over the hump, but woke up the morning feeling like I was beaten with a sack full of oranges.

I have a automatic coffee machine that I can set to brew before I wake up. I woke up today and thought I had forgotten to set it because I couldn't smell the coffee. I confirmed loss of smell by trying to smell a bottle of bleach and vinegar. Nothing.
    Be careful. My main symptom was a very sore throat and a slight fever. Started to feel better then took a bad turn and it turned into pneumonia. Never saw it coming.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Maybe it did, but how do you know? It’s like all the vaccinated people saying “thank God I had the vaccine or else I may have died.” Just seems like confirmation bias by both sides. I had Covid a year ago. I ate two orange Skittles and stood on my left foot for 5 minutes every morning. Worked for me! Also, aren’t most of the proponents of Ivermectin the same people saying the numbers are inflated and this virus has a 99% survival rate anyway? Quite literally anything would save your life if it was never in danger.

Ivermectin has been used off book for years to treat viruses as it reduces viral load. It makes sense to me that using it against COVID would at least help. It may not be a "cure", but it makes sense that something that reduces viral load would be a good thing to take while suffering from a virus.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I just want to publicly thank you for all of the posts you have made since the pandemic started! I am sure you are a busy man with better things to do, but it is so helpful for someone like me to have access to information I can trust amongst the sea of nonsense. The nuggets from your perspective are far more useful than you probably realize.
    I second that. I always look to see what doc says. Ive been encouraged by his comments on the vax and have considered getting it even as anti vax as I’ve been because of him. I like his level head and honesty about it.
    I did talk to my wife about it the other day and she is still very against it but we agreed that we do need to re-evaluate how we feel about certain things as we age. We haven’t been in our 20s in quite some time and we forget that some times

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Be careful. My main symptom was a very sore throat and a slight fever. Started to feel better then took a bad turn and it turned into pneumonia. Never saw it coming.
    The rona finally made it to our house. Wife had symptoms start a day before mine, she felt pretty bad right away. She got tested a couple days ago and results came back positive today. Mine started as a sore throat on Sunday, maybe late Saturday, and I didn't feel too bad until Monday evening. I felt like crap Monday night, pretty much all day Tuesday, and Wednesday morning with a slight fever, headache, lower body ache, and just miserable sick. I kind of forced myself to tinker around the house, and after breaking into a sweat Wednesday I felt better. Still have the aches in my lower back, hips, and legs, but it comes and goes now. I did start to develope chest congestion and started coughing stuff up last night and it feels like I still have some in there. I know everyone's experience with this is different, but I was surprised I only felt badly for a couple days.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    The rona finally made it to our house. Wife had symptoms start a day before mine, she felt pretty bad right away. She got tested a couple days ago and results came back positive today. Mine started as a sore throat on Sunday, maybe late Saturday, and I didn't feel too bad until Monday evening. I felt like crap Monday night, pretty much all day Tuesday, and Wednesday morning with a slight fever, headache, lower body ache, and just miserable sick. I kind of forced myself to tinker around the house, and after breaking into a sweat Wednesday I felt better. Still have the aches in my lower back, hips, and legs, but it comes and goes now. I did start to develope chest congestion and started coughing stuff up last night and it feels like I still have some in there. I know everyone's experience with this is different, but I was surprised I only felt badly for a couple days.
    I was sweating like crazy all day yesterday just sitting on the couch or sleeping. I finally had to wear nothing but some basketball type shorts to cool down

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Maybe it did, but how do you know? It’s like all the vaccinated people saying “thank God I had the vaccine or else I may have died.” Just seems like confirmation bias by both sides. I had Covid a year ago. I ate two orange Skittles and stood on my left foot for 5 minutes every morning. Worked for me! Also, aren’t most of the proponents of Ivermectin the same people saying the numbers are inflated and this virus has a 99% survival rate anyway? Quite literally anything would save your life if it was never in danger.
    Meh... all I know is I did not succumb to the virus or the scam.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I was sweating like crazy all day yesterday just sitting on the couch or sleeping. I finally had to wear nothing but some basketball type shorts to cool down
    There’s a thread here called wuflu mitigation with sone good information in it because there isn’t a lot of info handed out about what to do after you get it.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    firecadet613, could you please PM me the info regarding IVM locally. Thanks
    Sent.

For all those needing it, I found them months ago via and searching for Indiana.

They are a locally owned urgent care facility that does walk ins and virtual visits.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It's weird, I haven't loss taste or smell, but my taste has been "heightened". Tortilla chips taste like they're completely covered in salt, orange juice tastes like acid.
    I'd say my ability to smell is at about 10% of normal, but taste is around 50%.

I ate a big plate of chili cheese fries for dinner. That should tell you everything you need to know about the overall severity of my symptoms.

Top Bottom