• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Tonight in Indianapolis St Vincent, Methodist, University, St Francis, and Community hospitals are all on diversion.

Literally every hospital in town is requesting no ambulances. In Mooresville we have 30 on the board with eight in the waiting room at midnight. Two years ago we may have had four on the board total.

The SHTF scenario you've been preparing for is here medically.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Damn, if only those vaccines had worked...
    They do at reducing death, and probably transmission. But they are in no way an end to the transmission of COVID.

But also, the majority of what is coming in is NOT COVID. But there is a lot of COVID being admitted to the hospital. I just learned of my first likely COVID-related death in a vax+boosted patient. I know nothing of pre-existing conditions in this person.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I will contend that totalitarian methods have never been introduced that have been "for you". They have always been used as a method of control, COVID measures included.

They do at reducing death, and probably transmission. But they are in no way an end to the transmission of COVID.

But also, the majority of what is coming in is NOT COVID. But there is a lot of COVID being admitted to the hospital. I just learned of my first likely COVID-related death in a vax+boosted patient. I know nothing of pre-existing conditions in this person.

So, if the majority is NOT COVID, what is it?

Also, still firmly believe the government and medical industry have created this scenario. It didn't magically happen by itself, but due to mandates, firings and putting off routine medical care of most people for 2 years. Perfect "fake" storm.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I will contend that totalitarian methods have never been introduced that have been "for you". They have always been used as a method of control, COVID measures included.

So, if the majority is NOT COVID, what is it?

Also, still firmly believe the government and medical industry have created this scenario. It didn't magically happen by itself, but due to mandates, firings and putting off routine medical care of most people for 2 years. Perfect "fake" storm.
    Our weekly volume at our main campus is down 12 patients per day compared to pre-covid. It's everything like it is always is, plus COVID. We just have no capacity to manage it. Our smaller campus volume is up ten patients per day compared to pre-covid.

Volumes aren't really up at the moment, but people are overall so much sicker and than they used to be. It's insane. Gone are the simple in-and-out patients. Everyone gets a big workup.

Originally doc offices and surgery centers shut down due to lack of PPE. They diverted all available PPE to ER and inpatient use. I have seen people lose vision, have heart attacks, tumors get missed due to delays from COVID shutdowns. Those are the silent victims who are never counted.

Welcome to rationed healthcare. And it's going to get worse.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

I was monitoring EMS calls and saw several for possible Covid. One was a 25 y/o male, another was a 73 y/o male. I don’t know more than that, and complaints of flu-like symptoms, but it seemed to me like an unnecessary call for an ambulance unless they really needed to go to the hospital and had no other way there. Are you still seeing people who don’t really need to be at the ER?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I was monitoring EMS calls and saw several for possible Covid. One was a 25 y/o male, another was a 73 y/o male. I don’t know more than that, and complaints of flu-like symptoms, but it seemed to me like an unnecessary call for an ambulance unless they really needed to go to the hospital and had no other way there. Are you still seeing people who don’t really need to be at the ER?
    Oh yeah. Families of three, oldest is 32. Cough/cold symtptoms. :facepalm:

Less nonsense now though so they stand out more. So many urgent cares and little clinics and such to handle the sniffles and ear aches and toe pains. But they also take nursing stafd away from hospitals.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Son has one in preschool and one in kidney garden they have spent over $600 on testing this school year so far, all due to Covid protocol. Lack of bus drivers and staff is taking its toll also.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My wife working in the school system tells me some pretty sad stories of people taking their kids to the ER for just about everything. It’s free to them as most are on The government tit so they have no need to have a dr.
    It’s craziness! Using an ER as a doctors office

Agreed, but not a new phenomenon.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My wife working in the school system tells me some pretty sad stories of people taking their kids to the ER for just about everything. It’s free to them as most are on The government tit so they have no need to have a dr.
    We built up an entire system to treat them as we are required to by law. Then they stopped coming because they're afraid of COVID and our volumes fell down massively.

Now they're generally finding care elsewhere and have been replaced by Uber sick people

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Woke up this morning with a low fever. Right at or under 100. Mild body aches. But my eyes feel like they may bulge out. We shall see
    That's pretty much how I felt Monday. Fever peaked at 102 on Monday night and hovered around 100 Tuesday morning which was the worst I felt (very achy, sore throat, headache). I slept most of the morning and took another short nap Tuesday afternoon. That's when the fever broke.

I woke up today (Wednesday) feeling pretty good other than some minor congestion. I think I'll be close to 100% tomorrow.

I hope your experience is similar.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    That’s been happening since I worked in a hospital in 2008. No co-pay at the ER, so people use it as their personal doctor. This was also when pain pills were at their height. We would watch people walk across the parking lot and then as soon as they hit the entry door they were moaning, crying, limping, 10/10 on the pain scale. Others would put on a show, see the ER was packed, and suddenly be healed as they headed off to the next one.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My kid's pediatrian (IU Health) has essentially stopped allowing kids to come in for anything other than general wellness checks. They're turning away any patients that exhibit any COVID symptoms, which of course are also symptoms of many other illnesses.

My daughter has a history of strep throat. I did too as a kid, so I know what it looks like. Just before Thanksgiving she came down with strep. We called and said, "hey she has Strep again, can we come in and do the dance so you can prescribe Amoxicillin?" But before they would see her, they said we had to do a COVID test. I set one up for the following day. We go and do the test, meanwhile her tonsils are blowing up and her throat pain is getting worse. COVID test hadn't come back after two days, so I said, "screw it. We're going to urgent care."

The urgent care place diagnosed it as a tonsillar abscess because of the swollen tonsils and referred us to an ENT doc and prescribed something other than what we normally get for strep. ENT doc said it wasn't an abscess, but strep. Duh. :wallbash:

In the meantime the COVID test comes back negative. Daughter does the 10 day cycle of meds. Two days after stopping the meds, the strep comes back. I called the pediatrician and told them they were going to see us that day or we would be finding a new primary care doc. They did allow us to come in. Guess what? Reinfected with strep.

So basically my daughter was sick for almost a full month, I had to take off work several times to schlep her around to four different appointments and I now owe hundreds of dollars in medical bills over some strep throat that I diagnosed from the start.

Primary care offices are pushing people into urgent care and ERs. I'd imagine this is a big reason why the hospitals are being overwhelmed and overworked.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The system is breaking. The BS that Obummercare put in the system is partly behind the collapse.

Yep, I’m ready, call me a conspiracy theorist. Do you really think that the team that has a goal of government one payer medicine wrote a massive law aimed at making the system in place better and stronger for the future? Or they wrote a law, they couldn’t even pass in their own party without shenanigans, that furthered their goals and further weakened our healthcare system?

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    My kid's pediatrian (IU Health) has essentially stopped allowing kids to come in for anything other than general wellness checks. They're turning away any patients that exhibit any COVID symptoms, which of course are also symptoms of many other illnesses.

My daughter has a history of strep throat. I did too as a kid, so I know what it looks like. Just before Thanksgiving she came down with strep. We called and said, "hey she has Strep again, can we come in and do the dance so you can prescribe Amoxicillin?" But before they would see her, they said we had to do a COVID test. I set one up for the following day. We go and do the test, meanwhile her tonsils are blowing up and her throat pain is getting worse. COVID test hadn't come back after two days, so I said, "screw it. We're going to urgent care."

The urgent care place diagnosed it as a tonsillar abscess because of the swollen tonsils and referred us to an ENT doc and prescribed something other than what we normally get for strep. ENT doc said it wasn't an abscess, but strep. Duh. :wallbash:

In the meantime the COVID test comes back negative. Daughter does the 10 day cycle of meds. Two days after stopping the meds, the strep comes back. I called the pediatrician and told them they were going to see us that day or we would be finding a new primary care doc. They did allow us to come in. Guess what? Reinfected with strep.

So basically my daughter was sick for almost a full month, I had to take off work several times to schlep her around to four different appointments and I now owe hundreds of dollars in medical bills over some strep throat that I diagnosed from the start.

Primary care offices are pushing people into urgent care and ERs. I'd imagine this is a big reason why the hospitals are being overwhelmed and overworked.
    I feel your pain. My son has had strep every month of this year. Luckily our dr makes you get a rapid test before entry and it’s pretty quick. Our problem has been the ENT. We had him scheduled once for surgery to remove his tonsils but never could get them to submit the paperwork to our insurance. Had to cancel the day before the surgery. Now we are waiting on an appointment with a different ENT trying to schedule another surgery.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Yes, I am convinced that the communists and their allies goal and current efforts are to break our medical system. It was already captured by large corporations and rapidly being disassociated from those receiving care.

Now we are in the full devolution phase where the system is attacked from both the supply and the demand side. Force willing medical practitioners who worked through the early days of the scammedemic without a vaccine and quite literally took a chance with their lives, and make a demand that if their employer receives any US government dollars all their employees must be vaccinated. Thus some percentage of the supply side of medical practitioners is reduced. Others are quickly burning out and either quitting the profession or retiring.

On the demand side you have the Central State's failure to push any useful therapeutics. Added to that is the additional push for Obamacare to add even more high demand leeches.

Every time I see one of the Obamacare commercials with the properly diverse cast all touting their ridiculously low premiums, with the nice little fine print underneath saying "after financial support", I am enraged.

That financial support is being stolen from me. It is I and my wife's future ability to have any retirement that is not at or into the poverty arena.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Nah. Best case was 96% at stopping someone from catching it, and 100% for stopping death. And that data was probably true, but they only looked two months out. Had they looked longer it would have been much less rosy. But should they have waited for four more months of data and then not be approved while a few hundred thousand more died?

FDA said it wanted 50% reduction in risk to approve them. At six months the VA study showed Pfizer and moderna were both under 50% at stopping cases but still offered an 80% reduction in risk of death.

JJ was 13% rduction in risk of catching but still 73% lower risk of death from COVID. Post-exposure prophylaxis for HIV exposure is only 80% effective at reducing transmission in needle-stick exposure, for comparison. And the side effects suck. But i would take it in a heart beat.

COVID vaccines have saved hundreds of thousands of lives and came at a time when we had just about nothing else to offer.

Much like all of COVID they were presented as something that wasn't exactly what it turned out to be. Once we saw vaccines didn't stop spread the moral argument for vax mandate vanished, yet it is still pushed :dunno:
    Most direct and sensible post I’ve read on the vaccines here, thanks.

Top Bottom