• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'd consider what we've got going now the worst cold I've ever had, but mild all things considered. Again, don't know for sure yet that it's COVID, but I am intrigued that we got sick at all. Very methodical about precautions and we are rarely around others (just like before COVID lol), so one of the four people that are ever in our home are the most likely to have brought it in, especially considering my 5 year old daughter was the first one sick.
    I hear the flu vaccine won’t help much this year, so maybe not Covid. I believe I had the flu about a month ago. Felt bad for a couple days with a temp of 101. Negative Covid test, and different symptoms from when I had Covid. Regardless, I hope everyone is safe!

Last edited:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I hear the flu vaccine won’t help much this year, so maybe not Covid. I believe I had the flu about a month ago. Felt bad for a couple days with a temp of 101. Negative Covid test, and different symptoms from when I had Covid. Regardless, I hope everyone is safe!

Negative COVID, negative flu. I've just got a cold and I'm a little bitch apparently.

Well, you didn't get that 4th booster dose. It's your fault for failing to protect yourself.

Cute.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Well friends, after nearly two years I think the rona may have found a way into my home. The whole family sick with symptoms similar to what I'm reading from Omicron. I gave myself a rapid at work yesterday first thing in the AM which was negative, but decided to go get a send off test this morning.

I'll be honest...if this is COVID and it found a way into my household then Omicron is going to be a wild ride for a lot of people. Still hopeful that this variant is a blessing in disguise.
    Sorry to hear this. Hopefully it's something else. Keep us in the loop and take care.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    There have been a number of people that test negative until around day 4-5 of symptoms.
    That's about where I'm at, and truthfully I've tested everyday since onset because my gut was telling me this is Omicron. I've got a PCR test sent out today so we will see if those results are different.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Sorry to hear this. Hopefully it's something else. Keep us in the loop and take care.
    Thanks dude. All reports at this point indicate a common cold or some sort of upper respiratory infection. We are all okay, just under the weather.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not sure what this means.

I'm not taking a "protein shot", but I may be willing to give the wife one. I mean it's to save her life she can't argue with that right...

South Africa was admitting 19% of cases when Delta hit. They are admitting 2% with omicron.

Omicron has 30 mutations to spike protein. The only protein [the] vaccine provides protection [stimulates immune response] against, and also the monoclonal antibodies.

Place the word 'the' between 'protein' and 'vaccine' and replace 'provides protection' as indicated

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Originally the (lie) was that vaccines were 100% effective.
    This guy told me that.......
    iu

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Originally the (lie) was that vaccines were 100% effective.
    Nah. Best case was 96% at stopping someone from catching it, and 100% for stopping death. And that data was probably true, but they only looked two months out. Had they looked longer it would have been much less rosy. But should they have waited for four more months of data and then not be approved while a few hundred thousand more died?

FDA said it wanted 50% reduction in risk to approve them. At six months the VA study showed Pfizer and moderna were both under 50% at stopping cases but still offered an 80% reduction in risk of death.

JJ was 13% rduction in risk of catching but still 73% lower risk of death from COVID. Post-exposure prophylaxis for HIV exposure is only 80% effective at reducing transmission in needle-stick exposure, for comparison. And the side effects suck. But i would take it in a heart beat.

COVID vaccines have saved hundreds of thousands of lives and came at a time when we had just about nothing else to offer.

Much like all of COVID they were presented as something that wasn't exactly what it turned out to be. Once we saw vaccines didn't stop spread the moral argument for vax mandate vanished, yet it is still pushed :dunno:

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well friends, after nearly two years I think the rona may have found a way into my home. The whole family sick with symptoms similar to what I'm reading from Omicron. I gave myself a rapid at work yesterday first thing in the AM which was negative, but decided to go get a send off test this morning.

I'll be honest...if this is COVID and it found a way into my household then Omicron is going to be a wild ride for a lot of people. Still hopeful that this variant is a blessing in disguise.
    Wishing you and the family the best and hope bourbon tastes just as good after…

Top Bottom