• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    I recently got a Costco Membership underneath another persons Executive Membership. He gave it to me for free because he gets 2% rewards back on whatever I buy.

Just wanted to see how many people go there and what the best buys are. I had a Sams Membership in the past but never costco.

I plan on buying paper goods, charcoal and gas. Also am going to buy all the bathroom goods there also.

So someone give me the lowdown on what you always get there and why its a good deal. People rave about the meat so ill probably try that. Ill be going to the location on North Michigan Road in Indy.

Thanks guys

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I dropped my membership when they put up no firearms signs at the Castleton Location and other places. Sam's gets all my business these days. They don't care if I carry.

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Very interesting. Not sure if they have that sign up at the Michigan Rd Location. Will let everyone know on here if they do. Ill be carrying my G21. Plan on going up there in an hour after I get off.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I have never seen the no carry sign at the one in Louisville, and I have looked. I have carried in there on several occasions.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    Have never noticed any signs myself, I have to remember to look next time.

As to products, the Kirkland precooked bacon is outstanding for what it is (precooked bacon). Tastes better than some pre-packaged "raw" bacon such as Sugardale.

On the gas side, the Castleton location is usually 2-3 cents/gallon cheaper :dunno:

Kirkland brand Vodka is not bad, and they occasionally have decent cigars.

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010

As to products, the Kirkland precooked bacon is outstanding for what it is (precooked bacon). Tastes better than some pre-packaged "raw" bacon such as Sugardale.

On the gas side, the Castleton location is usually 2-3 cents/gallon cheaper :dunno:

Yeah good deal. Not huge on the vodka but I understand they have other half gals on sale usually. I will try the bacon. Damn bacon.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I dropped my membership when they put up no firearms signs at the Castleton Location and other places. Sam's gets all my business these days. They don't care if I carry.

I've open carried at the Castleton location several times. Never had a problem.

OP: We shop there a ton. The paper towels are the best around. I use their brand of jeans for work jeans. We buy batteries there all the time both Kirkland and Duracell for all the kids toys. Their cakes are pretty good, their take and bake pizza is good, someone else mentioned their bacon and vodka, both good. Some really good prices on wines. And all the free samples you can shove in your face over the weekend.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy

CIGARS? Where at? I have been a member there for years and have never seen any cigars.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    I shop there a lot. I cc but never noticed any signs. I dropped my Sam's membership years ago. IMO Sam's products are usually carried by Walmart and they did not seem to have many high-quality or unique items unlike Costco. When I needed new tires for my car, Costco was significantly cheaper and even beat tirerack.com.

I have not seen cigars for at least a year at Castleton but they have great deals on bourbon and other spirits. However, many people do not realize that you do not need a membership to buy liquor at Costco or Sam's Club.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I've never had a Costco membership but I've had Sam's as long as I can remember. I use it to buy toilet paper.

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    I've open carried at the Castleton location several times. Never had a problem.

OP: We shop there a ton. The paper towels are the best around. I use their brand of jeans for work jeans. We buy batteries there all the time both Kirkland and Duracell for all the kids toys. Their cakes are pretty good, their take and bake pizza is good, someone else mentioned their bacon and vodka, both good. Some really good prices on wines. And all the free samples you can shove in your face over the weekend.

Good deal, thanks for the info. I will check out the papertowels and toilet paper for sure. My old lady will like the wine when I bring some home. I might check out the cigars also but I mostly buy mine on Cigar International or Thompson cigars. I will probably be buying a new bulk pack of razor blades and some vitamins.

Will be going tomorrow, had to stay late at work today. Anybody have experience with their ribs? Babys or Spares. Plan on getting 3-4 racks and a brisket tomorrow to make them on Thursday. Also some cheese for baked macncheese.

Man I really shouldnt be this excited but Im pretty hype about it tomorrow.

jazzy1993

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Lake County
    My wife took me today for the first time today. I was CC and she pointed out the firearm sign when we walked out. This was at the Merrillville, IN location.

Last edited:

jazzy1993

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Lake County
    Actually, I was exchanging a watch that was defective. They watches are a good deal and I saw a a killer deal on a anti-gravity lounge chair I may have her get.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I'm friends with a couple who have two younger kids. They drive 15 or so miles to Costco even though there is a Sam's Club just four miles away on their side of town. They have said they prefer Costco and they offer more options. I'm with Sam's, as I'm a picky eater and for what I would buy, Sam's offerings are more than enough.

Top Bottom