• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    ctO9hok.jpg

That is perhaps one of the greatest health risks brought by the bank bug.
    Look at what alcohol consumption has done in the recent past for people living under totalitarian rule.
    But hey, the vaccines might just put those figures to shame.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Another record. 2880.

Purely anecdotal, but there are a lot more people in my sphere who have tested positive in the last week than at any other time. Work, friends, church...cases in all of them. Overwhelming majority, not bad at all, but a friend just lost her sister.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Purely anecdotal, but there are a lot more people in my sphere who have tested positive in the last week than at any other time. Work, friends, church...cases in all of them. Overwhelming majority, not bad at all, but a friend just lost her sister.
    And I imagine a lot more are getting tested.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

Quite a few at our church as well. Most are fine, one older lady was hospitalized. IIRC, hoosierdoc said he thinks the virus is weakening. Let's hope so.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And I imagine a lot more are getting tested.

I think that's true, but everyone that I know of who has tested positive either had symptoms or had known exposure to a person with symptoms. As far as I can tell, no one (of the people I know) got tested just to get tested.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I really appreciate an objective, unbiased source.

You left out the purple. That was a blatantly biased & flamebait article.

From NaturalNews' primary source, the EpochTimes:
    It’s not clear whether the volunteer received the placebo shot or the vaccine.

So, someone died in a coronavirus trial, but due to drug trial restrictions, they can't announce whether the person even received their drug and they are continuing with the trial (cue scary music...)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    First Johnson and Johnson suspends vaccine trials due to adverse effects and now a death during AstraZeneca trials. I know there was at least 2 other trials where bad side effects were occurring

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-10...ed-in-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-trial.html

There is nothing I despise more than disinformation fake news that discourages safe and effective treatments, including vaccines.

The person who died was in the control (placebo) group, not the vaccine group. He died of Covid, not from an adverse reaction to the vaccine.

The Brazilian newspaper O Globo, citing unnamed sources, reported that the volunteer was in a control group that did not receive the experimental vaccine and died of covid-19.

Deaths happen in trials. Trials are very tightly controlled by IRBs. Where control group deaths occur, the consideration is the ethical continuation of not giving the control group an actual therapy. In this case, the vaccine is already demonstrated to be safe; this trial is determining its efficacy against Covid.

Under the trial’s protocol, half the participants receive the experimental vaccine, and half receive an established meningitis vaccine that has been proved safe. The trial, like others, is overseen by an independent board that reviews all adverse events. Any severe event that might have been caused by the vaccine would trigger a pause in the study for an investigation. The trial is not paused due to the death.

Get your damn facts straight and stop spreading disinformation.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I really appreciate an objective, unbiased source.

:lol2: No kidding, if that writer wasn't so one-sided he wouldn't have a side at all.

Those trials have a lot of people in them and when you have a lot of people it is possible that someone will get sick or die. They just need to find out if the vaccine played any role in that outcome.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    :lol2: No kidding, if that writer wasn't so one-sided he wouldn't have a side at all.

Those trials have a lot of people in them and when you have a lot of people it is possible that someone will get sick or die. They just need to find out if the vaccine played any role in that outcome.

Was the author's name Möbius?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Some interesting news and, to some who haven't had the opportunity to hear or see what non-humans are doing during this lockdown:

Singing in a silent spring: Birds respond to a half-century soundscape reversion during the COVID-19 shutdown

Abstract
    Actions taken to control the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic have conspicuously reduced motor vehicle traffic, potentially alleviating auditory pressures on animals that rely on sound for survival and reproduction. Here we evaluate whether a common songbird responsively exploited newly emptied acoustic space by comparing soundscapes and songs across the San Francisco Bay Area prior to and during the recent statewide shutdown. We show that noise levels in urban areas were dramatically lower during the shutdown, characteristic of traffic in the mid-1950s. We also show that birds responded by producing higher performance songs at lower amplitudes, effectively maximizing communication distance and salience. These findings illustrate that behavioral traits can change rapidly in response to newly favorable conditions, indicating an inherent resilience to long-standing anthropogenic pressures like noise pollution.

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2020/09/23/science.abd5777

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    We had lots of fun staying near Fisherman's Wharf, riding cable cars and doing the Rice-a-Roni style tourist thing, saw the executives downtown with their boy toys, did the symphony (Camina Burana of course!), saw big trees, drove the coast highway. About this time of year, the weather was almost legendary. The article reminds me of what I thought then, that San Francisco is for the birds!

Kidding aside, that's a neat article and thank you for posting the link.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Just saw another article on Galapagos Cormorants and Penguins. Populations are responding to the Coronvirus (along with the effects of La Niña).

Mother Nature's way of saying she really doesn't need us. :)

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Sure. Disclaimer- I am not a doctor and didn't sleep at Motel 6 last night. Look at what I list, research anything that looks useful and proceed at your own risk.

Sanitation is pretty straightforward- regular cleaning in general, hand sanitizer when you can't properly wash your hands and learning how to properly wash your hands with a non-antibacterial soap (many videos on YouTube).

Exercise and losing weight is an area I struggle with, but definitely a good direction for anyone.

Supplements:
    • 1000mg Vitamin C/day
    • 20-30mg/day Chelated Zinc (more absorbable)
    • 500mg/day Quercetin (helps zinc into cells to fight virus replication)
    • 2000-5000IU/day Vitamin D3 (the vast majority of Americans are vitamin D deficient and it has many benefits including disease resistance), I'm actually much higher, but you need to read up on this before you take high-dose vitamin D.
    • 1000mg/day N-acetyl cysteine (NAC)- a strong antioxidant that can counteract the cytokyne storm that Covid can trigger
    • If I feel anything coming on, I take Elderberry extract which has been shown to shorten cold and flu viral infections.
    Note that the protocol above is not Dr. Fauci approved as he would rather people be dependent on the drug industry than help people's bodies fight off Covid and other diseases. If you should still get a significant Covid infection despite this protocol, you can still consult a doctor and take the drugs.

So I’ve been taking a once a day, liquid D3, 1000mg vitamin C daily.

Do I need to take the other stuff daily or when I feel something coming on?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Personally, I'd recommend the C, D3, zinc and quercetin daily. NAC and elderberry can be put off until you feel symptoms.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom