Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Just got back from my appointment and they did not test me for wuhuflu, just did a body scan, freezes, biopsies and out the door.

Masks were required, so I wore a P100 respirator mask to protect me. It has an exhaust valve so they gave me a cheapie mask to wear over my mask to filter my exhaled air to protect everybody else.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just got back from my appointment and they did not test me for wuhuflu, just did a body scan, freezes, biopsies and out the door.

Masks were required, so I wore a P100 respirator mask to protect me. It has an exhaust valve so they gave me a cheapie mask to wear over my mask to filter my exhaled air to protect everybody else.

Are you kidding us!!
    They made you put on a disposable mask OVER the respirator! Are they clueless!
    Was it the 1/2 mask or full mask respirator? Not that it matters as both the exhaust values have protection anyways.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Are you kidding us!!
    Was it the 1/2 mask or full mask respirator? Not that it matters as both the exhaust values have protection anyways.

It was a half mask respirator. I think they were OK in doing that. I don't think the exhaust valve filters anything so they just wanted my exhales to go through something to filter it a little. It was probably overkill but I didn't bother to argue since it is their clinic.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It was a half mask respirator. I think they were OK in doing that. I don't think the exhaust valve filters anything so they just wanted my exhales to go through something to filter it a little. It was probably overkill but I didn't bother to argue since it is their clinic.

:rofl: and :eyeroll: and :facepalm: and #&*_/!#%^##@%
    Yup jedi in the beginning had issues with funding the death star project. Now none, zero. SmH

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Are you kidding us!!

No. The exhaust valves release the exhaled air without any filtering at all. In fact some fanatics claim this type of mask is more dangerous because they accelerate the exhaled air through the valve and it travels further. I don't buy that but some people say that.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    The hearing part is kind of weird. When I was in my early 20’s I got several viruses at the same time. I was sick for about two months. Once I started to recover I had loud ringing in my ears and still have it to this day.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    uyGvDwb.png

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I see that ISDH has changed their Hospitalized Number of Patients graph to breakdown the patients into "confirmed covid patients" and "PUI patients". Anybody know what PUI stands for?
    I asked Barb the Bot but she didn't answer.
    I'm guessing PUI means they checked in for a broken leg but we think they look covidish so we're counting them.
    I wonder if someone challenged ISDH to document their stats and they are now "clarifying" how they count covid patients.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK. 2 weeks ago my nephew was tested positive. Non-productive cough and a slight fever. A bit down on energy. He was prepping top leave for college and still lives with my SIL and her hubby. They are close. They were at the lake with my BIL and his wife spending the weekend when he noticed.

About 1 week of feeling down and now back on top of his game. No one else tested positive even spending the weekend on the lake on the pontoon.You are in very close quarters on a damned pontoon boat.
    His parents stayed with him in "QUARINTINE" and both were cleared yesterday. No signs. No sickness. So WTAF here people. This is one of several we are hearing about from folks that have no skin in the orange man bad game.

Again I am calling bull**** on this entire mess.

Bull****.

He is leaving for school this week.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    OK. 2 weeks ago my nephew was tested positive. Non-productive cough and a slight fever. A bit down on energy. He was prepping top leave for college and still lives with my SIL and her hubby. They are close. They were at the lake with my BIL and his wife spending the weekend when he noticed.

About 1 week of feeling down and now back on top of his game. No one else tested positive even spending the weekend on the lake on the pontoon.You are in very close quarters on a damned pontoon boat.
    His parents stayed with him in "QUARINTINE" and both were cleared yesterday. No signs. No sickness. So WTAF here people. This is one of several we are hearing about from folks that have no skin in the orange man bad game.

Again I am calling bull**** on this entire mess.

Bull****.

He is leaving for school this week.
    What exactly are you calling bull**** on? What is it that you don’t believe?

johny5

not a shill account
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    What exactly are you calling bull**** on? What is it that you don’t believe?

I'll take a swing at this - the infectiousness of the virus, the role of physical proximity in its spread (think: social distancing), the severity of the symptoms, the dangers of long-lasting effects, the vulnerability of the public, the need for draconian measures to prevent new cases....

You know, that sort of stuff.

Am I close, CM?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom