Cooey ( winchester) 22 bolt action rifle.........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asquires2

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I picked up a Cooey 22 bolt action rifle today . I found a little info on it but not much.Im curious does anyone know anything about the firearm and what its worth. I did find out it was made in the mid 60's and it was for the most part a rabbit gun anything else would be helpfull.

SU1HMDAxMDAtMjAxMDA3MjMtMjA0MS5qcGc.jpg

Sry for the grainy picture but the blackberry is on vacation

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Don't know if this helps any or not.......
    See John A. Belton's "Cooey Firearms: Made in Canada 1919 - 1979". In this Historical Arms Series No. 28 book, 32 pp., Mr. Belton says of the "Sure Shot" that it was "A house brand .22 caliber rifle and shotgun line made by Cooey for the Robert Simpson Co. Ltd. of Toronto and Montreal as early as 1942."
    You can get the book from Museum Restoration Service, Bloomfield, Ont. Canada K0K 1G0

asquires2

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Don't know if this helps any or not.......
    See John A. Belton's "Cooey Firearms: Made in Canada 1919 - 1979". In this Historical Arms Series No. 28 book, 32 pp., Mr. Belton says of the "Sure Shot" that it was "A house brand .22 caliber rifle and shotgun line made by Cooey for the Robert Simpson Co. Ltd. of Toronto and Montreal as early as 1942."
    You can get the book from Museum Restoration Service, Bloomfield, Ont. Canada K0K 1G0

Thx for the info, so how much would it would be worth? Its been around as we know, the barrel has a little surface rust and the stock has a few knicks in it. All in all for the age of the rifle its in pretty good shape to be honest.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    From what I found on the internet (google), there are some collectors out there for Cooey's. So I guess the value could vary somewhat.

Top Bottom