• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    as the title says im just wondering if anyone has done this or has any good info on it. i have been wanting a 9mm just for saving a little money at the range and had almost decided on just buying a new gun. then another guy insisted that it would be a money saver to just do a conversion. which would be best? new gun vs. conversion.

i was told to use a lone wolf barrel.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Buy a lone wolf conversion barrel and some G19 mags. Install lone wolf barrel in G23. Insert 9mm ammo in G19 mag and put it gun. Enjoy the greatness shooting 9mm brings. That's it!

iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    Conversion without a doubt. Mainly for cost sake. Buying just a barrel and new magazine will save you a couple hundred dollars compared to buying another gun even used. It takes seconds to switch out the barrel so switching back to the 40 would be a breeze. And you were told correctly, lone wolf makes a good glock barrel. Hope this helps you choose. :ingo:

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    Sweet! Thats just what i was hoping to hear. I searched a little online and saw mixed reviews so i just wondered if anyone on here has either done a conversion or knows some one that has. Thanks guys :rockwoot:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Does the extractor work properly on with this conversion?

The flexibility of the Glocks is pretty remarkable. I know of guys shooting .40 out of G20s with no conversion at all and rarely a FTF.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    From what ive seen its a case by case thing. Try it and see and if you have a ftf then change the extractor. Im going to go ahead and order a 9mm extractor since it costs like 8 bucks. If i need it then i will have it. If not then it will stay in the safe.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    Does the extractor work properly on with this conversion?

The flexibility of the Glocks is pretty remarkable. I know of guys shooting .40 out of G20s with no conversion at all and rarely a FTF.

Yeah, I'd highly suggest against .40 in G20, the chamber is too long. As far as the extractor, mine was 99% at the range with just a barrel on my 3rd Gen G23.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It will cost a bit more up front than the conversion barrel, but buy an Advantage Arms conversion kit and shoot 22LR.

I've got one for my Glock 27 and one for my Glock 23.

The AA kits function well and magazines can be found for a good price if you do some looking online.

If you do go looking for an AA kit in stock and find one for your model & gen, buy it. They can be hard to come by, but they function well, and are worth the $.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Yeah, I'd highly suggest against .40 in G20, the chamber is too long. As far as the extractor, mine was 99% at the range with just a barrel on my 3rd Gen G23.

Yeah, I think it's a bad idea, especially since a G20 is easily converted to shoot .40 or .357sig with just a barrel swap (G20 mags work fine, I'm told).

JH

Top Bottom