• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Here is the contact page to send a note to Senator Bayh to oppose Cap & Trade legislation.

Senator Evan Bayh — Senator for Indiana: Contact - Email Senator Bayh

PLEASE contact him and RESPECTFULLY demand that he oppose this legislation. He is currently supporting it, but if a couple hundred of us write him to oppose it we can turn him into a NO vote :yesway:

Here are a few points!
    • Realize that Cap & Trade will cost us a lot of Indiana jobs.
    • Indiana is the #1 steel producer, Cap & Trade will tax the energy used to produce the steel.
    • Indiana is the #1 manufacturing state, Cap & Trade will tax the emissions from our manufacturing plants making us LESS competitive and forcing the jobs overseas.
    • Indiana primarily uses coal to generate electricity, Cap & Trade places a heavy tax on coal produced electricity so it is an effective tax on our electric bills.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I emailed him regarding cap and trade about 2 weeks ago and received his standard form letter stating that according to irrefutable (sp) evidence global warming is happening and we have to stop it. I encourage everyone to contact him also and maybe just maybe if enough people do it he will change his mind. I plan to call his office next week and encourage him by phone to change his mind.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I emailed him regarding cap and trade about 2 weeks ago and received his standard form letter stating that according to irrefutable (sp) evidence global warming is happening and we have to stop it. I encourage everyone to contact him also and maybe just maybe if enough people do it he will change his mind. I plan to call his office next week and encourage him by phone to change his mind.

Yes he has stated that. We need to stay on top of him. Please write him again. Doing it by email through the link above will only take about 2 minutes of your time. But calling him is even better. Thanks for staying on top of this.

It is important that if a Senator writes us with a reply we do not like that we write him back and PUSH HIM FURTHER TO CHANGE HIS VIEW. If we don't stay on top of this we will lose.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I'd appreciate it if others can post MORE REASONS to oppose CAP & TRADE. The more reason we give him the more he has to answer.

And we NEED TO REMEMBER TO FOLLOW UP on his reply. Likely all of us will simply get a form letter. It is our responsibility to PICK APART that form letter and CHALLENGE HIM to give us better answers OR TO VOTE IN OPPOSITION to the CAP & TRADE.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    JUST CUT AND PASTE

I RESPECTFULLY demand that you oppose this legislation. You are currently supporting it, but I ask you to oppose.

Here are a few points!

* Realize that Cap & Trade will cost us a lot of Indiana jobs.
    * Indiana is the #1 steel producer, Cap & Trade will tax the energy used to produce the steel.
    * Indiana is the #1 manufacturing state, Cap & Trade will tax the emissions from our manufacturing plants making us LESS competitive and forcing the jobs overseas.
    * Indiana primarily uses coal to generate electricity, Cap & Trade places a heavy tax on coal produced electricity so it is an effective tax on our electric bills.

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Cap & Trade Enviromental Lunacy

Dear Senator Bayh,

As a citizen of Indiana I implore you to vote NO on the "Climate" legislation. As Governor Daniels correctly points out in the Wall Street Journal, the state you represent, Indiana, will be one of the hardest hit by this monstrosity of legislation. I am sure you know sir, that "Climate Change" is a hoax being played on the American people by Wall Street and other moneyed interest. Certainly you would not vote to enslave the people of Indiana based on a theory of very questionable science.

Hoosiers are quite aware that they will likely lose their homes or go further in debt due to the retroactive energy efficiency audits. Many Hoosiers will lose their jobs in the steel and coal industries. We all know that you know how important manufacturing is to this state and how many companies will just have to shut down if this legislation becomes law.

It is critical that you send the Administration and the majority leaders a clear message that you will not sell your constituents down the river simply to toe the party line.

I not only look forward to seeing your "NO" vote on this legislation, but a fervent defense of your home state against the environmentalists on the floor of the Senate.

Most Sincerely,

Jason XXXXX
    Fort Wayne

Top Bottom