Considering building an AR... need help.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    Ok so I'm condsidering bulding my first AR. Dont really know anything about AR's.. all i really know is that I want to build a carbine length rifle with the flat top (no handle), and I want to do it for as cheaply as possible. What do I need to buy? What are good brands? What is a good place to buy from? help.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    not to push other gun forums but check out ar15.com, and go to build it yourself. You will find all the info you ever wanted and the supplies to build with. I have built 4 since i have found that site, good luck it is a disease, the B.R.D. (black rifle disease)

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    not to push other gun forums but check out ar15.com, and go to build it yourself. You will find all the info you ever wanted and the supplies to build with. I have built 4 since i have found that site, good luck it is a disease, the B.R.D. (black rifle disease)

The AR15.com how to is what I used to build my two AR's as well. Very great resource!

:: Guides

byggpoppa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    NW Indy
    Ok so I'm condsidering bulding my first AR. Dont really know anything about AR's.. all i really know is that I want to build a carbine length rifle with the flat top (no handle), and I want to do it for as cheaply as possible. What do I need to buy? What are good brands? What is a good place to buy from? help.
    be careful I have always been die hard AK... suddenly I have two ARs? lol

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Top Bottom