• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This looked interesting. My comments are in blue.

The 'Self-Defense Brigade' patrols neighborhood streets in Hartford, while monitoring surveillance cameras and video from drones and homes

The so-called "Self-Defense Brigade" — made up of about 40 legally armed citizens — are voluntarily patrolling the streets of Hartford’s North End wearing body cameras mostly on nights and weekends, according to the group’s founder, Cornell Lewis.

Hartford’s Democratic Mayor Arunan Arulampalam has denounced the group over concerns they will enact vigilante justice.

"Our community has seen so much pain and trauma, and what we need is for those who love this city to do the hard work of healing that pain, not walk around our streets with guns trying to take the law into their own hands," Arulampalam said in a statement to Fox.

Ever notice how it's always the dems who scream about "vigilante justice" while being just fine with the criminals. The usual suspects at 200 West Washington Street said the same BS in 2019 when Civil Immunity passed. When murderers and drug dealers start showing up dead execution style? Come back and talk to me. In the mean time, STFU!!

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

The 'Self-Defense Brigade' patrols neighborhood streets in Hartford, while monitoring surveillance cameras and video from drones and homes

The so-called "Self-Defense Brigade" — made up of about 40 legally armed citizens — are voluntarily patrolling the streets of Hartford’s North End wearing body cameras mostly on nights and weekends, according to the group’s founder, Cornell Lewis.

Hartford’s Democratic Mayor Arunan Arulampalam has denounced the group over concerns they will enact vigilante justice.

"Our community has seen so much pain and trauma, and what we need is for those who love this city to do the hard work of healing that pain, not walk around our streets with guns trying to take the law into their own hands," Arulampalam said in a statement to Fox.

Ever notice how it's always the dems who scream about "vigilante justice" while being just fine with the criminals. The usual suspects at 200 West Washington Street said the same BS in 2019 when Civil Immunity passed. When murderers and drug dealers start showing up dead execution style? Come back and talk to me. In the mean time, STFU!!

We may all be there soon enough. First in the major metro areas, but it will spread to even far suburbia eventually as the predators look for new prey. You are already seeing it sporadically with the gangs targeting affluent gated communities in several locations.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

Tells me when it happens there will be a Mayor pushing heavily on the DA to seek charges against the group.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Honestly I’m surprised it hasn’t happened all over the country yet. The beating of a pregnant woman and killing of her baby in Chicago, attack of cops on a NY street by illegal teens in broad daylight, the mass looting of stores in majors cities, all of which the thugs mostly go unpunished. Thugs with dozens of violent crimes being released without bail, the people are fed up.
    It’s not the police’s fault but the fault of spineless prosecutors and mayors or those just simply following the leftist play books.
    I had better shut up before I get myself labeled as a right winged racist, MAGA loving, gun toting psycho. I have enough problems.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    South Africa has an interesting modal. Those who can hire private armed security companies to respond to emergency calls. It's a huge industry in the country and growing. An acquaintance living there told me that most houses in a neighborhood have a sign in a window identifying the company they contract with. There are far more private security officers than cops.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    What does doing "the hard work of healing that pain" entail Mr. Mayor? Or are you more interested in throwing out empty buzzwords than actually making the community safer?

When criminals are allowed to run the streets with impunity, eventually people will step up to fill the void. And based on photos in the article, it's not like this is some group of mean old white conservative gun owners trying to keep the minorities away.

Self-Defense-Brigade.jpg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Doesn’t this post need a Denny alert before posting! I’m going to report you to a different moderator!
    ^^^Since you brought up Denny.....isn't 40 people more a platoon, than a company?
    Having been in the USAF, there can be some pretty big differences in population of organizations. A Squadron in the USAF may have 50, might have 700 depending on the mission. A Flight (at least 2 Flights = Squadron) may have more than 50.

Don't get me started on Groups and Wings. Oh, and a "Base" is real estate, not an organization.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Groups like that make leadership look bad. I expect them to be run through some legal wringer a few times and dismantled. A few incarcerated as examples. Sort of a Jan 6 on a smaller scale.

We aren't to the point there leadership simply sends their macoutes after groups they don't like, but it's coming.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    South Africa has an interesting modal. Those who can hire private armed security companies to respond to emergency calls. It's a huge industry in the country and growing. An acquaintance living there told me that most houses in a neighborhood have a sign in a window identifying the company they contract with. There are far more private security officers than cops.
    In the US, this would match up perfectly with the stated goals of our two major parties. The Dems want the Police defunded...and the Laissez-Faire Chamber of Commerce Repubs think everything is better done by the private sector anyway.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The same is true in the wealthier parts of the San Fernando Valley right here in the good old USofA. Private security with armed response. The harder Cali makes it to defend yourself the more those who can afford it farm it out

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Having been in the USAF, there can be some pretty big differences in population of organizations. A Squadron in the USAF may have 50, might have 700 depending on the mission. A Flight (at least 2 Flights = Squadron) may have more than 50.

Don't get me started on Groups and Wings. Oh, and a "Base" is real estate, not an organization.
    Boot camp we had a company of approx 80.
    But after that, I never had to deal with company, platoon, squad, brigade, etc.
    In school, it was class. Yankee class, or 86-06.
    Shipboard it was department, division.

I can never figure those army designations out

Top Bottom