• ...and so much more!
  • blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Related story from Evansville Courier and Press:

Ellsworth annouces support for health care plan » Evansville Courier & Press

The comment section is on fire with this news. Ellsworth, a so-called pro-lifer, represents my district, the Bloody 8th. He is looking for your vote for the Senate this November. I hope my fellow Hoosiers show more sense than they did in November '08 and vote this Pelosi zombie outta there.

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I've already emailed his Congressional office & told them what I think. This man is a coward. He waits until after 5:00 on Friday to make his announcement. He's worse than the worse self described progressive - at least they've got the testicular fortitude to tell people what their agenda is. I hope he gets destroyed in November. From what I heard Hoosiers were against this bill 2:1. There's no way a person can say they have a conservative bone in their body (as he claims) & vote for this bill. Unemployment will skyrocket & this country will go bankrupt. I told him I hope one day when he's holding his grandchildren on his lap that he has to apologize to them for stealing their liberties. He's a complete POS.

glockpatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    No SURPRISE here. What do you expect, he is another useless liberal democrat! :noway::noway::noway::noway: I told his little employee that if he would vote for this communistic bill, he can kiss his job goodbye. I will be e-mailing the NRA to drop this democrat.

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    If he votes for this health care bill he needs to be sent a message in November that his career in Washington is over. This is another example of not serving the people and serving his own self interest. And it needs to stop.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I hope no one is surprised by this (it was inevitable), but we need to keep reminding people of it as November approaches.

For some unknown reason(s), Ellsworth has a reputation among some for being "pro gun." He is absolutely not a a supporter of the individual's right to keep and bear arms in any manner shape or form, regardless of any lip service he gives to it. Think: Lugar.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Contact info, use it early and often.

Washington Office
    ph:(202) 225-4636
    fx:(202) 225-3284
    Toll Free: (866) 567-0227

Terre Haute Office
    901 Wabash Avenue
    Suite 140
    Terre Haute, Indiana 47807
    ph: (812) 232-0523
    fx: (812) 232-0526

Evansville Office
    101 NW Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
    Room 124
    Evansville, Indiana 47708
    ph: (812) 465-6484
    fx: (812) 422-4761

Email form:
    The Online Office of Congressman Brad Ellsworth - Contact Form

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Contact info, use it early and often.

Washington Office
    ph:(202) 225-4636
    fx:(202) 225-3284
    Toll Free: (866) 567-0227

Terre Haute Office
    901 Wabash Avenue
    Suite 140
    Terre Haute, Indiana 47807
    ph: (812) 232-0523
    fx: (812) 232-0526

Evansville Office
    101 NW Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
    Room 124
    Evansville, Indiana 47708
    ph: (812) 465-6484
    fx: (812) 422-4761

Email form:
    The Online Office of Congressman Brad Ellsworth - Contact Form

Thanks for the info. I and at least five buddies from work have called him on our lunch hour this past week. Looks like our concerns were thrown out with the trash.

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    Sent E mail to Ellsworth. Waiting for his response.

I can already tell you - I get plenty of them from him. This was one from January 26, 2010:

Thank you for contacting me with your views on the health care reform legislation being debated in Congress. I appreciate your comments, and I welcome this opportunity to update you on the status of this legislation.

Both the House and Senate have recently passed legislation aimed at preventing insurance companies from discriminating against people with pre-existing conditions, ensuring access to affordable health insurance, promoting proven prevention and wellness programs, strengthening Medicare, and lower future federal deficits. As you probably know, these bills contain several significant differences. As a result, members of the House and Senate will be coming together in the weeks ahead to reconcile these differences and develop a single bill. That bill must again pass both the House and the Senate?"in an identical form?"and be signed by the President before becoming law.

During this process, I will continue to listen to 8th District constituents like you to hear what folks would like changed and what they would like to stay the same. I will be bringing those issues to Washington, and I will be working with my Blue Dog Coalition colleagues to improve the final bill. There are several major issues to be decided before Congress sends a bill to the President, and I look forward to working on behalf of the 700,000 Hoosiers I represent as health care reform moves forward. While I cannot promise to vote for or against the reconciled health care reform bill until it is finalized, I can tell you I will continue to use the following criteria to judge any health care reform bills coming to the House floor: The final bill must reduce long-term health care costs for families, businesses, and government; increase choices for consumers; improve access for the uninsured and underinsured; address the unique challenges faced by rural patients and providers, protect life at every stage, and accomplish all of these things in a fiscally sustainable manner. If I think the final bill does not effectively reach those goals, I will not support it with my vote. If I think the bill will make a positive difference on these measures, I will be proud to support it.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your views with me. If you would like to learn more about my positions on issues important to you or receive regular updates on developments in Congress, please visit my Online Office at www.ellsworth.house.gov and sign up for my e-Newsletter.

Top Bottom