• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NorthLiberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Anybody else worried about what the new administration may do to strip Americans of gun ownership rights?

The media is always having a fit about ownership of semi automatic rifles, but it is just a rifle and I think they should leave us alone. The Hollywood bunch too and their doufus opinions. Where would we be without their keen social and political insight?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Worried? Hell Yes !

Yes, I am worried about the new administrations view of gun owners and their respective rights but there simply is not enough bandwidth on this site to elaborate. Simply count me in. I have never been a religious person but in today's current social environment with the economy and crime rates I am clinging to my guns and wondering if a little Jesus just might do me some good. I am most concerned about his comments in San Francisco about us small minded mid westerners and our values. Not all of us got an education and livelihood handed to us while basking on the beach or in the hallowed halls of Harvard. We earned it --and I resent someone telling me I need to sacrifice more. He is just another politician. Just watch Indy. For all his talk of lifting people up-- He will take care of Harvard people before he takes care of Howe people.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Anybody else worried about what the new administration may do to strip Americans of gun ownership rights?

You should been around here during and right after the election. I think it is safe to say that most folks in this forum are concerned about our RKBA with the new administration coming in. Obama's selections for several positions within his administration reinforce our concerns. We must be more vigilant than ever.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    "Concerned" is how I feel when the Republicans are in power.

"Scared to freaking death" is how I feel when the Democrats are in power.

I always feel we are just one shift of mass opinion away from a new round of stupid gun laws. It does not take much to get people to forget about their liberties, and mob psychology doesn't think about consequences - they just want something done, now, and don't care what.

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    Another newby

The media is always having a fit about ownership of semi automatic rifles, but it is just a rifle and I think they should leave us alone. The Hollywood bunch too and their doufus opinions. Where would we be without their keen social and political insight?
    We are in for a long and hard four years.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    No. remember Nobama said "law abiding gun owners" have nothing to fear from him. well..........................yeah ....right.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    He absolutely could be a problem for us in that regard.

However, there are some things that could minimize the risk:

1) The Democrats lost alot in the 1994 elections after instituting the first AWB. Hopefully they learned from that mistake.

2) There are alot more gun-owners & -carriers since the election. If the Anti's in Washington are paying attention they should see how important people feel this issue is. I think even people who wouldn't traditionally favor guns are getting a little worried & voting with their pocketbooks.

3) Hopefully Obama will have too much on his plate dealing with the complete mess the last administration left him to mess with it.

Activism is really important right now.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I only hope that everyone's fears will energize them into actually DOING something to keep our rights. We have to be proactive.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    He absolutely could be a problem for us in that regard.

However, there are some things that could minimize the risk:

1) The Democrats lost alot in the 1994 elections after instituting the first AWB. Hopefully they learned from that mistake.

2) There are alot more gun-owners & -carriers since the election. If the Anti's in Washington are paying attention they should see how important people feel this issue is. I think even people who wouldn't traditionally favor guns are getting a little worried & voting with their pocketbooks.

3) Hopefully Obama will have too much on his plate dealing with the complete mess the last administration left him to mess with it.

Activism is really important right now.

I hope they have taken notice of all the gun purchases since November. That would tell them louder than words just what AMERICANS think of the Second Amendment. Especially here in IL. Had the ISP hopping! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom