• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Does anyone have any experience with publication? I'm thinking about getting a subscription and before I drop $40 I wanna know if its worth it.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, haven't read it, but have also considered a subscription.

However, since the cost of the other major magazines to which I subscribe is in the +/- $12 / year range, I'm not likely to subscribe to something at $40 / yr. range, more than triple the price.

With the information available in books, on the internet, through the NRA, etc. I'm highly doubtful there will be even one bit of 'new' information in it.

I'm guessing it's just a real good money-maker for the publisher, with not much information of actual usefulness.

But, I keep an open mind. So, if someone ponies up I'll certainly read the review! :yesway:

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Had it for a while, dropped it due to a combination of cost & much of the material being available from other sources (as you suspected). I do have to say that they go all out to get you back afterwards - nearly daily emails, frequent letters, etc. Had to eventually block the emails. Reminded me of NRA's fund raising efforts, only worse!

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    $40 does seem awfully high for a 1 year subscription. what other publications would be good?

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    I get it, but I joined for the Shield "insurance" program so the magazine is an extra perk

Top Bottom