• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Okay, I freaking hated this recent stimulus and I hate the healthcare idea. When I was discussing this with some friends, they both brought up "well, you liked Bush's plan!" I said I didn't mind it that much seeing as money was going to the American people and not straight to businesses. But, I think the gov't just needs to stay out of it. Anyone have any good reading on Bush's plan?

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    Bush's plan was idiotic as any type of stimulus plan is, because it doesn't raise consumer confidence, it is only short term benefit (a long term plan would be communism). Obama's stimulus plan wasn't as much as a stimulus plan as it was for setting up a new government framework. Bush's plan was just a redistrubition of wealth plan, it just further increased the national debt.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Okay, I freaking hated this recent stimulus and I hate the healthcare idea. When I was discussing this with some friends, they both brought up "well, you liked Bush's plan!"...

This is typical of the Left. They hear an issue brought up against their "side" and immediately point out something about "our side", as if that excuses their indiscretions and wrongs. They don't seem to understand that just because we think their plans are faulty does not mean that we agree with the "other" party's plans. Sometimes, even most times, both are wrong and represent unConstitutional action that is beyond the allotted powers of government.

Blessings,
    Bill

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Obama urges Bush, Congress to pass a stimulus package

Obama urges Bush, Congress to pass a stimulus package | csmonitor.com

The economic stimulus plan began life on Jan. 11, when House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., sent President Bush a letter asking him to help hammer out a bipartisan package to shore up the economy. By enlisting White House involvement, Pelosi and Reid hoped to pre-empt a possible avalanche of competing proposals to address the nation's economic problems. Bush endorsed the idea on Jan. 17, and the next day delivered an economic address calling for tax rebates for individuals and tax breaks for businesses to deliver "a shot in the arm" to the faltering economy.

PolitiFact | Congress didn't pass Obama's economic plan

Last edited:

ejscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Hancock Co.- New Palestine
    im not sure what stimulus bill you are talking about, but if it is the $300 or what ever every one got in the mail if you paided taxes the year before. well they gave you that money, but then it was added back into your 2008 taxes. so more or less it was a loan to you, hoping you would all spend it a give a small boost to the economy. if you are talking about the bank bailout, then that was just wrong. as well as the auto one.

nice post bill, i agree

RON PAUL 2012, do your research on him, watch his youtube videos and tell me he doesn't make alot of sense

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Because he is a true conservative.

To the OP. From what I can tell it wasn't Obama's stimulus plan. It was Bush's. He bailed out GM. Obama just spent the money.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Okay, I freaking hated this recent stimulus and I hate the healthcare idea. When I was discussing this with some friends, they both brought up "well, you liked Bush's plan!" I said I didn't mind it that much seeing as money was going to the American people and not straight to businesses. But, I think the gov't just needs to stay out of it. Anyone have any good reading on Bush's plan?

I didn't like "Bush's plan." I thought it was wrong. Frankly, Bush was pretty far left and his only real saving grace was that he was less of a disaster than Kerry or Gore would have been.

While I sometimes argue that Bush often gets a bad rap about things that is not support for Bush. It's simply a reflection that the Left and the Liberal Media can't even stick to his real flaws but have to make stuff up. Perhaps that's because what I see as his flaws aren't things that they think are flaws.

Note that several years ago both Bush and McCain had actually attempted to address the real issues that led to the credit meltdown that was a significant part of the cause of the current economic mess but Congress wasn't having any. That doesn't excuse their support for the "bailout" but it does serve as a reminder that at least at one point they had the right idea which is more than can be said for the Left.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Best comparison :D

Both are counting up staring from 1.

Bush:
    "One-one-thousand, two-one-thousand, three-one-thousand...."

Obama:
    "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...."