attachment.php

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    :):

Reminds me a couple of years ago my kids school system tried a new way to learn math called "Concept math" they would come home with their homework and have questions about it they expected me to help them with. The couple of times I tried after I read the "problem" I looked like this :n00b: and had to admit to them I didn't have a clue as to what the question even was. After a couple of years our school system abandoned the "concept math" and went back to a more traditional math system.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    So far, I haven't noticed anything crazy with my daughter's homework (Franklin city schools). Other than not having parent teacher conferences, the school system as a whole here has been pretty decent. Hopefully I haven't jinxed myself in saying that.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Send your children to a private school that you personally approve of, or homeschool. Anyone who sends their children to public school with this ridiculous national curriculum should not whine when their children are indoctrinated heavily by the State. Deny the State. Homeschool. There are cheap, excellent curricula online if you're unsure where to start. FPEUSA.org is my preferred choice, but there are several good choices out there. Help your children by doing your homework.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    So does Indiana also do this common core stuff and is it all schools? We have been home schooling my daughters but kinda wanted to send them to school. With this common core stuff i think i might reconsider.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    :):

Reminds me a couple of years ago my kids school system tried a new way to learn math called "Concept math" they would come home with their homework and have questions about it they expected me to help them with. The couple of times I tried after I read the "problem" I looked like this :n00b: and had to admit to them I didn't have a clue as to what the question even was. After a couple of years our school system abandoned the "concept math" and went back to a more traditional math system.

Gee...I wonder why our students lag behind so many other countries' kids?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Im new to Indiana just 2 months. Is there some one we can contact about that to keep it on hold idefently? I live in Porter county
    Call your reps. Call the reps that sit on the education committee. There's no guarantee. I'm not even sure of the process by which they will be deciding. Implementation was a top-down decision by the state super for schools. There was no public input and it was not a decision through the legislative process. So I don't know who will ultimately have the decision-making power.

As it is, there are still schools who have converted their curricula over to the CC.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom