• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ColdSteel223 and I would be up for that. Now, just 10 more....

You know I'm in!
    :abused::stretcher::abused:
    tapouttshirt1.jpg

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Dammit!
    I have a 21 y/o daughter to put through day one.
    She's not ready for day two yet. Gotta spend some time with rhino first.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm looking forward to reading the series. Wish you were around a while back when I was being berated on here for insisting that "grip" really is a shooting fundamental. :rolleyes: :patriot:

Jay, you're not the only one who got sprayed with that particular spray. Heh.

If you guys want to work with George, maybe we can host him. I will observe from a distance that exceeds the length of his arms by a factor of about 35.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Guys, I love coming out to Indy.

Rhino, if you are into it lets look at dates. We already have about half without me advertising it. Give me a shout at mercop27@gmail.com.

My New Years resolution is to slaughter all the sacred cows of square range training. There is science behind what I do. We study the human first, then train into what is natural. The best way I have found to lead they sacred cows to slaughter is by using airsoft for force on force. I would like to come out and do a non ballistic class for day two. That way we can do it pretty much anywhere, even inside. I bring everything including the G17 airsofts. You just need a blue gun and eye pro and an open mind.

Anyone who says that Grip does not matter rides the short bus, and I can say that because my youngest rides the short bus.

Here is a reply I sent to a gentleman on another forum that in response to the topic at hand went and on about needing two hands on the gun for accurate fire and the need to concentrate on the sights and trigger pull.

I disagree, in my experience with proper training, one handed shooting is just as accurate at faster, even with movement within 7 yds when shootings occur.

In reference to the sight usage, during combat shooting I also disagree based on my experience and research. The first hurdle is that within contact distance you are usually unable, at least at first to get the gun between your eyes and the threat, thereby making it physically impossible for the sights to be used. However because of ritualized combat and default targeting rounds can be put on target with great effect.

There is also a huge difference between seeing your sights and using your sights. The sights are located on the gun, and if the gun is between you and the threat there is a good chance that either before or after you pull the trigger you will see the sights. It is because of this that I began asking officers involved in shootings if they "used" their sights or if they saw their sights. What I have found is usually the latter, especially during a spontaneous shooting. Police are in a better position to pre-deploy this pistols, unlike the citizenry. It would only make sense that they would during that type of situation be able to "use" their sights.

The old adage goes "front sight in a fight". Here is the problem with that. The average focal distance is 11-13 inches. Think about your front sight such as a capital "0" in the newspaper. Your focal distance is greater as you get older. So if your arms are extended it would put the front sight at twice the natural focal distance and the most stressful movement of your life. Your mind will not be a fan of you wasting this valuable time trying to "focus", and if you do you only increase tunnel vision. Couple this with rushing to two hand shooting, you can see how traditional training encourages tunnel vision and task fixation.

Train as you like, but for me I will continue to train to start pulling the trigger when the muzzle gets between me and threat. When I have a chance I will push out to bring silhouette of the gun between me and the threat and keep pulling the trigger, being sure no to wait until COM until I pull the trigger, instead of bypassing the super vascular pelvic girdle. Now we have gotten a little ahead of ourselves.

For too long we have failed to apply science to life or death situations. We have spent too much time trying to install software on hardware that just will not accept it. It's time to take a closer look at our "operating system" and use programs which compliment, instead of impair it.- George

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    For too long we have failed to apply science to life or death situations. We have spent too much time trying to install software on hardware that just will not accept it. It's time to take a closer look at our "operating system" and use programs which compliment, instead of impair it.

I'm interested, especially if there will be some of that "stress innoculation" involved.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Oh, you can count on that. We have started using low voltage stun guns. They really get the blood flowing. To ensure that everyone knows it will not kill you I repeatedly hit myself in the arm with it, over, and over, and over and...

It is one of the best training tools money can by. We often start a drill by stunning each other. You never get used to it. If you are reading this thinking that it is crazy, maybe you should reconsider what you are training for.- George

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Oh, you can count on that. We have started using low voltage stun guns. They really get the blood flowing. To ensure that everyone knows it will not kill you I repeatedly hit myself in the arm with it, over, and over, and over and...
    :): Along with an occasional blunt force or puncture/slash, been shocked many times by voltages with much higher amp flow that, had certain conditions existed, could've easily killed. Although quite revolting, it does give one an appreciation for the finer things in life - like breathing.

It is one of the best training tools money can by. We often start a drill by stunning each other. You never get used to it. If you are reading this thinking that it is crazy, maybe you should reconsider what you are training for.- George

I don't doubt you - and I am crazy. :)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I haven't been able to have any more kids since you zapped me with that thing? You?:dunno:

I don't doubt you - and I am crazy. :)

Yep, Tom is crazy.:D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom