• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Did anybody else see this on the crawler on espn2 during the Lady Vols BB game today?

It said it was reported by NFL news, but Irsay has denied it...

I did see this on my UT web site:

@ClaytonESPN just told me Peyton Manning is likely headed for retirement, not just parting ways w/Colts. Stunning. I'm in total denial.
    about 1 hour ago via webReplyRetweetFavorite

@AmyLawrenceESPN
    Amy Lawrence
    It looks like we’ve seen the last of Peyton Manning. *Earlier today, a report came out saying that Manning was struggling to regain arm strength. *Although this tweet isn’t exactly rock solid, John Clayton knows what he’s talking about. *If Manning is struggling this much in rehab, retirement is the best option.
    Manning has made millions upon millions of dollars. *He’s won a Super Bowl. *He has nothing left to prove in the NFL. *Why risk a permanent debilitating injury when it’s not necessary? *The media back and forth with Colts owner Jim Irsay seemed to spell the end for Manning in Indianapolis.
    Of course, this could change. *Likely does not equal certainty. *Manning could improve in time to be ready for next season. *I just don’t see the point. *Retire now and retire gracefully. *No need to become the next Brett Favre

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    So exactly how long have you had this bromance with Rob Lowe?:D

Actually, if Peyton can't come back strong, I would rather see him retire and coach than see him hurt and ruined.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I'd rather he retired a year ago. Too bad they needed a 1st round pick...

Not going to be a fan if this is true. Will go back to my other fav team sadly.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    So exactly how long have you had this bromance with Rob Lowe?:D

Actually, if Peyton can't come back strong, I would rather see him retire and coach than see him hurt and ruined.

I'm with Stschil on this one. I would rather see him go out on top. We don't need to see a Brett Farve repeat.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've had the sinking suspicion that he will retire since the Colts announced he was sidelined for the whole season last year.

It's been a fun ride! I'll hate to see it end: the funest time to be a Colts fan since they moved here. I dread the thought of watching the good ole days; back when they'd lose every game in Sept, then rally to make a wildcard game, only to lose it---ugh.....

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Three neck surgeries in 19 months, in a full contact sport. He is a millionaire and will make even more as a coach or tv personality for some network. I just fear that one hit in the wrong place and he will be in a wheel chair for the rest of his life. He is already a HOF'er. Why risk it anymore.

With a new coaching staff, I believe good things are in store for the Colts. Especially with a defensive person in the head coaching position.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Anybody that didn't see this coming a LONG time ago (In NFL season time) needs to pull their head out of the sand. When his wife squirted those tax deductions out his football career ended period. I'm sure wifey had a LOT to do with this. We all saw what happened to Christopher Reeve. If a neck injury can take out Superman then I'm sure his family wasn't going to sit around and watch every hit he took if he had gone back into the game, to see if he was going to get up on his own or be carried off on a stretcher.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Peyton Manning will retire this year. All of this stuff isn't being leaked for no reason. The new GM will prove himself to be an Irsay puppet if he chooses Luck. All you Colts fans can come back to Chicago, we have a few jerseys left for you. ;)

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Peyton Manning will retire this year. All of this stuff isn't being leaked for no reason. The new GM will prove himself to be an Irsay puppet if he chooses Luck. All you Colts fans can come back to Chicago, we have a few jerseys left for you. ;)
    We will not. I will start cheering for Eli.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I have always always always been a fan of two two teams. Green Bay Packers, and the Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts. I always will be. QB's come, and QB's have to go. If we lose Manning, it won't be the end of the world.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN

Don't lie, Bears fans wish they could have the potential to go from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck. The Bears haven't had a truly elite QB since who knows when. Cutler may be that, but time will tell.

Colts fans truthfully dont know how lucky they are to be in this position. Luck is about as safe of a pick as you can get. Given his pedigree with an NFL father, the fact he spent a good part of his career learning under Jim Harbaugh, he has spent years working with Peyton at his camps, he ran a similar style offense in college, and most importantly the NFL rules make it much easier for a rookie QB to have success early.

The Colts could potentially have 25-30 years of legitimate pro bowl caliber QB play. That is nearly unheard of in the NFL.

I know many Colts fans are ready to bolt when Peyton retires/moves on, but they aren't real fans anyway. You are supposed to be a fan of your team, not only one player. With that being said, if and its certainly an if, the Colts start winning, maybe start competing for the AFC South, and who knows make some noise in the playoffs the fans that went away will come back. That is what fair weather or bandwagon fans do and this state is chalk full of them between IU hoops, ND football, Pacers, and the Colts.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Manning has been great. I hope he gets healthy and can safely play again. But it's not me taking the risk, it's him and the Colts organization. If he can't play again, it won't affect my being a fan at all. If the Colts take Luck, I'll go buy a jersey.

I'm a Colts and Manning fan. If Manning can't play, I'm not going let that affect anything. I've lived through the lean times before and can survive them again for awhile.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    :rolleyes: Yeah!!! for bandwagon fans lol.

Actually no. I can't stand layton manning. He's always been afraid to get hit. When he started actually winning playoff games is when he quit with his "dancing feet" in the pocket.

I liked the team when he quit doing that. If he retires, I will absolutely despise the colts. Why not just sit everyone out or forfeit for the entire season? Why not fire Irsay sooner? Why? Because they wNted the 1st round pick.

That's pretty ****ty in my book.

The local radio station said something about Indy getting a lot of Pittsburg coaches and players...It'd be like a clean swap...

I was thinking to myself "Indy Stealers"...they did move a team overnight once already...hmmmm.

But seriously, don't call me a bandwagon fan. I still root for Cincinnatti Reds every year!

Top Bottom