• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    As of now, the Colts are 1-1 and have lost two starters to season-ending injury.

They didn't look good in the win over the Raiders. Glaring problems on the O-Line (as usual) and, shocker, couldn't stop a mobile QB.

I didn't see enough of the Dolphins game to have any opinion. I just know that, once again, they were relying on a 4-th quarter comeback. My guess is that more of these comeback attempts will fail this year - vs. all falling to the Colts last year.

Remaining schedule and my picks

at 49ers - Loss (49ers are a good team and Kap will probably run for 150 yards)
    at Jaguars - Win (Jags may be in the running for the next 0-16 team)

Seahawks - Loss (they're a very very very good team. Wilson may also run for 100+)
    at Chargers - Loss (still too early in the season for the typical Chargers to fall off the table. They did outscore Philly the other day)

Broncos - Loss (Colts' D couldn't keep the Dolphins and Tannehill from passing for 300+. They won't stop Manning and his crew, either)
    Bye

at Texans - Loss (close game, though)
    Rams - Win (following my trend - they're due for a win. I know almost nothing of the Rams this year)

at Titans - Loss (Division foe at their place)
    at Cardinals - Loss (a Bruce Arians' offense + Larry Fitzgerald against the Colts' D...)

Titans - Win (for the season split)
    at Bengals - Loss (Bengals are scary good - at least so far)

Texans - Win (home field advantage)
    at Chiefs - Win (for no particular reason; though they are a very very talented team with a STUD running back. Colts D always has troubles against stud running backs)

Jaguars - Win (sealing their 0-16 season)

Colts' Offensive line is, once again, not at all very good. The injury to Donald Thomas doesn't help matters. I also wonder how many games Pep Hamilton will last as O.C....

-J-

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I predict an inability to protect Andrew luck, and an overconfident pass game, creating a lot of nailbiters that could go either way, but if I were betting I would probably bet against the colts in most situations.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I still think the AFC is so weak that if the Colts make it to the bye week at .500 or better they will be able to make the playoffs.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    In all fairness, I had them winning 3 or so more games BEFORE the season started. Now, I think, we have a much better picture of who/what this team is.

I thought they'd have been LUCKy to have won 6 games LAST season. I was pleasantly surprised. I still think it was a fluke. Granted, fluky in the sense that Luck really is a tremendous QB. They really did over-achieve last year.

this year is a reality check, though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    I'm thinking with what we have seen so far 8-8 is about right. No o-line protection for Luck, no running game and a defense that give up a ton of yards and big plays. Good thing is the Texans don't look very impressive either at this point. They could VERY easily be 0-2.

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I really like my Colts especially the 2nd generation single actions. I also like my 70 series 38 super, I need to shoot it more. Oh different Colts. Troll On.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    7-9 sounds a little under to me, not too much though. I'm not a Colts fan at all, so here are my predictions.

at 49ers - Loss (49ers are trying to cut back on Kap's running, so I'll say about 112 yards rushing for him, their defense didn't look good against the Hawks though, 14-13)
    at Jaguars - Win (Jags are already sitting a 0-16, 21-6)

Seahawks - Loss (Wilson will run about 89 yards, Luck will throw 3 INTs, 24-10)
    at Chargers - Win (very close, low scoring game, FG with less than 2 minutes remaining and no timeouts, 10-7)

Broncos - Loss (Luck will throw 2 INTs, Manning will throw 6 TDs, 45-27)
    Bye

at Texans - Loss (another close game, 27-24)
    Rams - Loss (The receiving corps is looking really good this year, we barely lost to ATL, even though it wasn't pretty, Greg Zuerlein kicks a 47 yarder with 0:17 left in the game, 17-14 )

at Titans - Win (hard fought win, 31-28)
    at Cardinals - Win (Cardinals look good, but not good enough to keep Luck under 3 TDs, 27-20)

Titans - Win (another close one, 24-21)
    at Bengals - Win (Bengals tend to trail off near the end of the season, 27-21)

Texans - Loss (Texans take the division with this win, 28-17)
    at Chiefs - Win (Chiefs offense looks good this year, 24-21)

Jaguars - Win (Colts roll past the Jags, 28-3)

9-7 for the Colts, Texans take the division at 11-5

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    9 wins and 7 loss special teams look horrid. Oline needs work. D against the run has most tackles in the secondary not at the line.

The reason I went one over 500 is we have a great field goal kicker. He will win 3 games himself

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Interesting plot twist!

Colts trade a 1st Round Draft pick for RB Trent Richardson from the Browns.

IF the remaining Colts' RBs can remain healthy, the Colts may very well have the best backfield in the league. Richardson (can catch and block, as well, from what I've heard), Bradshaw, and Donald Brown (former starter...) as a backup.

This trade may have just "won" a few more close games for the Colts this year.

Anyhow - it certainly got a lot more interesting in Indy!

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Our team needs some work but still early in the season- going with 9-7, next weekend on the road in San Fran most likely means a 1-2 start which also means we will all hear a bunch of crying Colts fans that are use to starting 10-0

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I think Richardson will put us to 8 or 9 wins. IF HEALTHY all season. As to which two games will move from my L colum to the W side... Chargers & Cardinals. I always love it when the Colts can beat the Chargers... And I've not forgiven the Cardinals for losing in the Super Bowl a few years ago. :rofl:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I think Richardson will put us to 8 or 9 wins. IF HEALTHY all season. As to which two games will move from my L colum to the W side... Chargers & Cardinals. I always love it when the Colts can beat the Chargers... And I've not forgiven the Cardinals for losing in the Super Bowl a few years ago. :rofl:

OP, I think your giving too much credit to the Bengals. They look decent now, but eventually the players will become "Bengalized". How they (Bengals) look against GB this weekend will tell you what the team is really like. I think Indy takes that game in a close one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When you look at the way they've played AND THE SCHEDULE I think that .500 mark would be a magical season honestly.

I have no higher expectations. They are not riding the wave of emotion this year and the "O" coordinator that got them together last year is gone. The new guy sucks generally.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I would say 6 or 7 would be my guess. The new addition is not much to be excited about YET. The line has to be strong for him to even get anywhere. Plus he is not a proven back yet, yeah he had a solid year last year as a rookie, but so far this year he has barley over 100 yards on 31 carries. Now I think he can turn into a great RB but Im not sold yet. I also strongly dislike the Colts and wish them to lose every game, the bandwagon fans have ruined the team for me. I have been a Chiefs fan all my life and I dont believe the Colts will get passed them this year.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom