• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    those prices I would assume probably include the Knights Armament quad rails system with forward grip.....most of the weapons have them these days

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    prices are subject to change constantly too.....the department places a request and then different companies submit bids on that request and of course gvt usually goes with cheapest

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    they're called RFP's on the government contracting database....in them they will outline EXACTLY what they want, deadlines, quantities, and how they expect it to be accomplished...then each of the registered government contractors may submit a bid which abides by that...and who ever is cheaper will more than likely win the bid

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    So how is it that the .gov pays more for their M4s than Ordinary Earth People pay for the civilian equivalent from the same company, but half as much for their M-16s? :n00b:
    You have to remember that the M-4 Series Rifles are fairly new to the Military so we do not have a HUGE stock of them laying around like the M-16s, and the M-14's. Couple that into the fact how much does a Full-Auto Carbine cost the Average Civilian to own?!
    those prices I would assume probably include the Knights Armament quad rails system with forward grip.....most of the weapons have them these days
    Not as a Rule it also depends on the LIN (Line Item Number) that each Company has issued to it. Some units just have you basic handguards...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    prices are subject to change constantly too.....the department places a request and then different companies submit bids on that request and of course gvt usually goes with cheapest

The Military goes with Cheapest of those who can exceed the Mil-Spec and Mil-Standard Criteria. Which is not the same as the Cheapest Bidder... ;)

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    The Military goes with Cheapest of those who can exceed the Mil-Spec and Mil-Standard Criteria. Which is not the same as the Cheapest Bidder... ;)

true...but in regards to "mil spec'...they're really not that high if you actually look them up...at least in relation to what civilians buy....they require a life of only 6000 rounds....I wouldn't buy a rifle that only lasted 6000.....but anyhow, meeting that spec is part of the RFP that the government will put out...and if you're registered manufacturer everything which you offer must meet their specs

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    true...but in regards to "mil spec'...they're really not that high if you actually look them up...at least in relation to what civilians buy....they require a life of only 6000 rounds....I wouldn't buy a rifle that only lasted 6000.....but anyhow, meeting that spec is part of the RFP that the government will put out...and if you're registered manufacturer everything which you offer must meet their specs

Yeah they only ask for it to exceed 6,000 rounds, but then look at the Materials they demand it be made from.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    lol...it looks like some 40's 50's era German camo or something...I never seen it before about 2 months ago ...anywho....there was an RFP out there for "improvements" to the AR platform...but I never heard anything else about it besides reading the request

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    lol...it looks like some 40's 50's era German camo or something...I never seen it before about 2 months ago ...anywho....there was an RFP out there for "improvements" to the AR platform...but I never heard anything else about it besides reading the request
    They have pulled that BS several times. They go and Buy ARs or Similar Systems from Different Manufactures and running them through the Torture Test Process that the Trails are...

And end up going you know the AR is really a pretty decent System for the way Servicemembers are going to treat them...

Top Bottom