• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    This M4 is made by Rock River arms. They beat out COLT and won the contract with the DEA.

Not only is RRA's DEA carbine not an M4, but Rock River didn't beat out anybody in the DEA contract. In fact, Colt and SigArms won a larger piece of the DEA contract than RRA did.

Here are the facts-something you won't find on any of RRA's press releases:

From FBO Daily: (FBO#0582 | 04-Jul-03 | AWD | 10--Weapons)

AWARDS - July 4, 2003

DEA-03-C-0030 - Estimated $115,142,537.00
    CARBINE RIFLE
    Sigarms, Inc., 18 Industrial Drive, Exeter, N. H. 03833

DEA-03-C-0032 - Estimated $85,923,935.00
    CARBINE RIFLE
    Rock River Arms, Inc., 1042 Cleveland Road, Colona, Il. 61241

DEA-03-C-0031 - Estimated $113,639,340.00
    CARBINE RIFLE
    Colt Defense LLC, PO Box 118, Hartford, Ct. 06141

From USDOJ: (http://www.usdoj.gov/jmd/pe/contractlist.htm)

DEA DEA-03-C-0030 Multi-Bureau Sigarms, Inc. 06/20/08 .223 Carbines

DEA DEA-03-C-0031 Multi-Bureau Colt Defense 06/20/08 .223 Carbines

DEA DEA-03-C-0032 Multi-Bureau Rock River Arms 06/20/08 .223 Carbines

CJan_NH
    SigArms
    Exeter, NH

:popcorn:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I believe that Spikes, Colt, Neveske, DD and BCM are better than Oly, Bushmaster and RRA. I have a RRA myself, and I wish I had waited to get the Spikes instead.

I don't think the average homeowner/gun owner even cares or understands all that mil-spec stuff. I dont understand it either. But I believe that the guy buying an AR from his favorite gun shop wouldn't be selling him something that wouldnt go "bang" when he pulls that trigger. And, so far, my RRA goes "bang" whenever I want it to.
    And, for my backyard plinking home go-to gun, my RRA has made me happy.

Isn't that all that matters?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Gasp...
    How dare you bring up facts...
    I believe that Spikes, Colt, Neveske, DD and BCM are better than Oly, Bushmaster and RRA. I have a RRA myself, and I wish I had waited to get the Spikes instead.

I don't think the average homeowner/gun owner even cares or understands all that mil-spec stuff. I dont understand it either. But I believe that the guy buying an AR from his favorite gun shop wouldn't be selling him something that wouldnt go "bang" when he pulls that trigger. And, so far, my RRA goes "bang" whenever I want it to.
    And, for my backyard plinking home go-to gun, my RRA has made me happy.

Isn't that all that matters?
    Exactly...

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    This thread is great. People either defend their low quality ARs, or how much they overpaid for the high quality ones was totally worth it. :)

/popcorn.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    This thread is great. People either defend their low quality ARs, or how much they overpaid for the high quality ones was totally worth it. :)

/popcorn.

Hahah. True. What is the correct cost of an Ar-15? OTD, mags, ammo, sling, light and all?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    i a have a colt target model my buddy has olympic we shoot side by side a lot the olympic performs as well as my colt and was a lot cheaper
    To those people who follow the word of "the chart" for all their AR15 decisions I offer up this FACT:

Just so we are all very clear about "the chart" and its usefulness in comparisons like this example, I would point out that Colt target rifles do not rate highly on "the chart" because "the chart" does not apply to those types of rifles.

Not knocking the Colt in any way, just using this as a great illustration of how "the chart" is not applicable in comparisons.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    To those people who follow the word of "the chart" for all their AR15 decisions I offer up this FACT:

Just so we are all very clear about "the chart" and its usefulness in comparisons like this example, I would point out that Colt target rifles do not rate highly on "the chart" because "the chart" does not apply to those types of rifles.

Not knocking the Colt in any way, just using this as a great illustration of how "the chart" is not applicable in comparisons.

Good thing I prefer M-4 type AR's then...

Top Bottom