• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    Has anyone here ordered a history from Colt on their pistol? Curious on what info the $100 would bring. I have a 1911 US Govt issue .45 that Iwould like to get a history on but if it is simply "gun made in 1943 and shipped to US Army at XXX base for distribution to the field" I am not sure it would be worth it.

:dunno::dunno:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    That's pretty much what you'd get, I think. Unless you have reason to believe it was a presentation model or some such. I was able to get the "gun was originally manufactured in 19xx" over the phone for free.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I did it.

It does exactly what the link posted above me says. I mainly bought mine so I could have a Certificate of Authenticity because mine is such an old Colt.

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    Replied to PM from ghitch75 Thanks for all for your input. Colt told me over the phone that it was manufactured in 1943 by Remington Rand. I was kind of hoping to be able to get info regarding where it went from there (ie what division if not the individual soldier) or other pertinent info.

Not so much for value, but simply for additional history on the gun.

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    Could be, but I am not sure how to access that information. That is the reason I started this thread, in case others had already done this and could share with us how to do it.

Top Bottom