• ...and so much more!
  • Morgan88

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Jasper
    Good morning
    Just for the fun of it for the first time I went to the Colt website. Is it me or do they only sell 2 models of revolvers? Of which I am not interested in either If the company is teetering on financial trouble could this be part of the reason? There are usually several reasons. Seems like S&W has a huge following for revolvers. Wouldn't Colt have somewhat the same following for some of their previous Colt models? (Detective Special and such)? If this entire idea is old news and been rehashed to death on here previously, my apologies:-):ingo:

Morgan88

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Good morning
    Just for the fun of it for the first time I went to the Colt website. Is it me or do they only sell 2 models of revolvers? Of which I am not interested in either If the company is teetering on financial trouble could this be part of the reason? There are usually several reasons. Seems like S&W has a huge following for revolvers. Wouldn't Colt have somewhat the same following for some of their previous Colt models? (Detective Special and such)? If this entire idea is old news and been rehashed to death on here previously, my apologies:-):ingo:

Morgan88

Their designs were antiquated and cost to much to make. Hence they no longer make them.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I believe we're not too far away from seeing the end of Colt

they're banking on the name and government contracts

They need to start making new guns instead of just 1911's and AR-15's whether that be a new revolver line or striker fired whatever. Some of the recent 1911's I've seen from colt are just awful and their QC is lacking.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    i saw the marine 1911 at my LGS. Came in with the cerakote chipped in several places. $1700 for a gun that came from the factory like that no way. although i have to say i own a Colt Gold Cup National Match.

Top Bottom