• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I would imagine you would need a slide, barrel, and the magazine. But given your gun is made for 9mm the frame might not hold up to 45acp.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Would also have to install a new ejector. The Colt lightweight Commanders in 9mm aren't all that common, I would imagine you could sell it and have more than enough for a Colt Commander in 45.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    You would need slide, bbl, recoil spring, mag and ejector. It's much easier to make it a .38 Super. All you'd need is a bbl and mag. It would be easier to trade it for a .45 if that's what you wanted but I'd either carry it as a 9mm or most likely turn it into a .38 Super. Nine rounds of .38 Super is plenty for defensive purposes. :twocents:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    yes i would change it to super too..or just buy a 45ACP...1968 LWC SUPER 38.....

mli0t0.jpg

dalerush73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Greendale/Lawrenceburg
    Thanks to everyone for their input and advice. After thinking about it for awhile I realized that its the only 9mm I own and since I also have a US Military M1911 that works well, I think I'll just update it to bring back to new condition, however its not far from it now. I also own a Remington Rand military 1911A1 .45 and a .22 LR conversion for it. In all I have 17 handguns, 16 shotguns, and 11 rifles. I may be posting some pics of some of them soon as I look to possibly sell some of them.
    Reply with any comments or questions regarding my small collection.

Thanks again,
    Dale

Top Bottom