• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Green04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    anyone heard anything about a colt cobra .38 special. i picked one up a few weeks ago. i got it for an AWESOME price. just wondering what there worth or if theres alot of them around? i havnt seen a WHOLE lot

thanks guys!

Burr Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Whoa...I've got one and had three at one time. They go way back and modeled after the steel frame Detective Special. The Cobra is alloy frame for lighter carry. Older models don't have a shroud the lower part of the barrel and extractor. They usually start around $300 and go up, quickly, from there depending on age and condition. BH

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Great pistols, carried one for years until some thieves dug it out of my luggage at an oil change place on East Washington.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Like others have said they are decent revolvers. They are made to carry a lot and shoot a little, as the saying goes. Should handle .38 Special fine but not a steady diet of +Ps. Price varies on model, condition, finish. :yesway:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    anyone heard anything about a colt cobra .38 special. i picked one up a few weeks ago. i got it for an AWESOME price. just wondering what there worth or if theres alot of them around? i havnt seen a WHOLE lot

thanks guys!

Just outta curiosity, ballpark on the "AWESOME price" ???

I see the prices on Gunbroker and in our classifieds. I have thought more than once about selling my Agent. Always slapped myself and recovered thinking it ain't eating anything and that it would be foolish to get rid of a sweet six shot .38 snub.

tdouthitt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    I had a cobra about 20some years ago. It was a retired Pittsburgh Police gun. Friend of mine had a gun shop and bought 5 of them. He gave me the "pick of the litter" as far as condition. It had a factory trigger guard that attached with 3 screws. It was a GREAT gun and if not for needing money during a divorce I would still have the gun. I carried it with Winchester silvertips +P, but only put standard .38's thru on the range. Man I sure miss that gun.

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    I had a cobra about 20some years ago. It was a retired Pittsburgh Police gun. Friend of mine had a gun shop and bought 5 of them. He gave me the "pick of the litter" as far as condition. It had a factory trigger guard that attached with 3 screws. It was a GREAT gun and if not for needing money during a divorce I would still have the gun. I carried it with Winchester silvertips +P, but only put standard .38's thru on the range. Man I sure miss that gun.

Trigger guard or hammer shroud?

Burr Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    I messed up too on my orginal post, should have said ejector, not extractor, shroud...Man I hate getting older...usually I just say that "thing"...you know? BH

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there

Big Don has one in the box with a hammer shroud for $999. Don't want to make any money folks.

Top Bottom