• RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    P07-14-12_1432.jpg

M4 - $1097... Brownsburg as of around 2pm today.
    The model behind it is a Sig, but 22LR.
    Overheard the clerks talking. They can't order them... They just come in.

Last edited:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I did not look closely... Was only there for ammo, and I had just purchased a stripped lower from Premier. First time I have seen these in the store, thought I'd snap a pic for anyone interested here on INGO

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I have no idea... I just overheard the clerks talking to one another. One guy asked 'So we can't order them?' and the other replied 'No. They just come in whenever they come in'. It was their conversation about the colt that got me looking to see what they were talking about.
    Clearly from other people posting here, they could have been mistaken. I wasn't interested in purchasing it or any other rifle, so I didn't bother to ask questions of them.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    One guy asked 'So we can't order them?' and the other replied 'No. They just come in whenever they come in'.

I see. Sounds like they were talking about allocated items. That is, they can request X quantity, and whenever their distributors have some to sell, the ship them against that request.

So they CAN order them, but there is no guarantee on delivery quantity or timeline. Unfortunately, a LOT of popular makes/models are like that these days... Nice to see even the chain stores with "buying power" aren't immune.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Asked at my Wal-Mart today. It seems only certain stores can order. All other stores just get what they get. That is unfortunate as the closest store that can order is about an hour away from me. Oh well...

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    It's funny to see this pic. I was just at Brownsburg Walmart about two hours ago and was amazed they had this. I even pointed it out to my wife. It also surprises me that they have all these guns but Avon has none at all. Avon even told me they couldn't sell ammo after 11:00. I am assuming they just don't have anyone to open the case. At Brownsburg they called someone back there and opened the case at 1:00 am.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    On MSNBC they had a special on how WalMarts ordering system is computerized based on sales. I guess you would call it an automated ordering process where trucks are leaving warehouses on a hourly basis. I wonder if WalMart has a warehouse of guns and ammo just stockpiling everything. Ammo seems to never be delivered in our town. I have no idea about guns because they don't carry guns.

Top Bottom