• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Wow, Randy Fisher, what a POS. Because the police aren't setting up sting operations to sell magazines, the law isn't working, after all, the law is designed to protect children. Where do they get these people from? Not to mention, the police would probably want to do things that either generate actual value to the body civil, such as getting illicit drugs off the street, or making a presence to reduce robbery/battery/etc... instead of setting up legally ambiguous "sting operations".

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Forgive me for going slightly off track here, but it is important to state again:

1. Indiana's Universal Background Check (for handguns) 1974-1998 did not result is a single prosecution that I can find.

2. The federal ammunition registration requirement of 1969-1986 (1982 for .22 rimfire) did not aid in a single prosecution.

The only benefit I can see to these laws are that they demonstrate the folly of all gun control and weaken the entire regulatory structure.

gjclark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Awwwwww are the police not running sting operations to incriminate otherwise lawful citizens who are trying to conduct private transactions so that your stupid law looks like it has teeth to your supporters? I'm soooooo sorrrryyyyyyyy.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Not satisfied with results so far these people will eventually resort to sending in their ersatz gestapo to kick in doors. It's all in the name of child safety.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    These new laws aren't making criminals out of ordinary citizens fast enough! We heed more sting operations. Harumph!!

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Hopefully the citizens of Colorado will vote out the supporters of this law, and the Governor who signed it. Maybe the earlier recalls and resignation portend what is to come. I don't typically pay much attention to politics in other states, but that may be worth watching.

The mention of Magpul was interesting. I quit following that saga, and hadn't heard that they were moving to Texas and Wyoming.

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    I think the thing to remember is that if you're actively courting voting blocks that feeeel instead of think, it doesn't matter if the law works or not. It's a matter of making the feeeelings of doing something "to save the children".

No one who isn't brain damaged believes for a second that banning certain sized soda pop containers will make people lose weight, but it sure sells plenty of copy and votes, er, feeeelings...

At some point, it could be said that the fact that the laws are unenforceable is a feature, not a bug. It's a win-win for that side. They get to look tough on guns to morons driven by feeelings instead of critical thinking, yet they never have to worry about the actual fallout that a real confiscation would entail (Hint: dead bodies in SWPL-land.) So why would they not pass those laws, other then the fact that they are eroding the bill of rights?

The first rule of politics: Get re-elected.
    The second rule of politics: See first rule, repeat.

afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.
    Hopefully the citizens of Colorado will vote out the supporters of this law, and the Governor who signed it. Maybe the earlier recalls and resignation portend what is to come. I don't typically pay much attention to politics in other states, but that may be worth watching.

The mention of Magpul was interesting. I quit following that saga, and hadn't heard that they were moving to Texas and Wyoming.

I hope so. Hickenlooper doesn't have great ratings in Colorado, but the GOP has had a hard time finding the right challenger to take advantage of it.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Meanwhile in Colorado...

202560_5_.jpg

Nobody cares.:coffee:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The cops dare not enforce gun laws. It would result in too many democrats being put into prison.

But anyone who does fill out the form and has lied should be sent to prison. Plus it should be a crime for any felon to even step foot into a gun store.
    Because jimmy the geeky computer nerd who served out his prison term for embezzling is too great a violence risk to let step into a gun shop.

Felons who have a proclivity for violence with guns i guess I can see that. But not all felons are violent.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Because jimmy the geeky computer nerd who served out his prison term for embezzling is too great a violence risk to let step into a gun shop.

Felons who have a proclivity for violence with guns i guess I can see that. But not all felons are violent.

I didn't say that they were violent. Rather than they no longer were people who society could trust. Thus second class citizen status.

Top Bottom