• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Been there, done that on most medical tests. This is by no means the worst. In one they had me drink some chalky liquid tracing material. Didn't tell me that I would be dropping stuff that was the color (white) and consistency of concrete for the next two days!!! Saw these white rocks and thought something was seriously wrong. Then, for those of us old enough to remember Welcom Back Kotter, the was the Bronchoscopy - literally "Up Your Nose With a Rubber Hose"!!!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    C-Scope. BTDT. Suggest a flavor in the prep, maybe Kool aid or something non alcohol.

Nothing red or purple though...

Been there, done that on most medical tests. This is by no means the worst. In one they had me drink some chalky liquid tracing material. Didn't tell me that I would be dropping stuff that was the color (white) and consistency of concrete for the next two days!!! Saw these white rocks and thought something was seriously wrong. Then, for those of us old enough to remember Welcom Back Kotter, the was the Bronchoscopy - literally "Up Your Nose With a Rubber Hose"!!!

That was Barium. LOL. I was gonna mention that one too. That stuff is like drinking liquid concrete too.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    Don't worry!

Had mine done today, the process itself was a breeze!

The BAD part was the movi prep the night before and the morning of.

I ended up throwing most of it up the first night so I had to call the doctor, the dr. said to just mix a different OTC laxative with gatorade and drink throughout the night. And come to find out they can also offer a prep that consists of pills and then some liquid.

So the moral of my story is to ask about pill alternatives or something other than 1Ltr of movi prep within an hour!

But don't worry too much about the procedure itself, it really was over before I knew it!

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    I have had two of these. The first was for Rectal Proctitus and the second for Colitus. Both times I was taking a med for my blood pressure that is slighty diferent from what I usually take (same brand the colon wrecker has an addition). The first was Fleet salt water which sucked. The second was Miralax with Gatorade ( I still won't drink yellow Gatorade). I was awake and it hurt like hell when he tried to round the corners. I remember saying "Stop that poop(but the bad word). It hurts". Then I remember the doctor saying "up the meds". Then I went to sleep.

The second one I mentioned that they had to knock me out for the first one and they put me to sleep. I like that alot better then being awake. Although, when I woke up I tried to jump out of bed to get to a bathroom, the nurse held me down and said where are you going? I said I had to go, she just looked at me like I was an idiot and reminded me that I hadn't eaten in 28 hours. Both times they gave me Asocol (sp?) and I have a ton left over. I have the picture of my defects. Anyone want me to scan them in and post them? lol

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I had one done years ago (younger than normal) and I'm about 3 years overdue for it again.
    My mom is a nurse and used to work surgery recovery, she used to tell people that were self conscious about the revealing gown or being exposed for the procedure not to worry about how they look... after you get past the back door everyone pretty much looks the same.
    I had to take the fleet phosphate soda which I hear about now on the lawyer ads drumming up medical lawsuit business. I'm assuming (pardon the pun) they had some problems with it. The pre op "cleansing" is like the "Family Guy" episode where they are all puking in the living room but from the other end.

I had a great Dr., he was gentle and assuring, he used to call all the time, then the letters were farther and farther apart and eventually we just lost contact all together. I still think of him daily, usually after that first cup of coffee in the morning, or when I have to snake a clogged drain at the house but I know he has moved on. I always knew I would be the end to our relationship.
    EDIT: I cannot decide if it would be funnier if the last line read...I always knew our relationship would be #2 for him.

Last edited:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I have had two of these. The first was for Rectal Proctitus and the second for Colitus. Both times I was taking a med for my blood pressure that is slighty diferent from what I usually take (same brand the colon wrecker has an addition). The first was Fleet salt water which sucked. The second was Miralax with Gatorade ( I still won't drink yellow Gatorade). I was awake and it hurt like hell when he tried to round the corners. I remember saying "Stop that poop(but the bad word). It hurts". Then I remember the doctor saying "up the meds". Then I went to sleep.

The second one I mentioned that they had to knock me out for the first one and they put me to sleep. I like that alot better then being awake. Although, when I woke up I tried to jump out of bed to get to a bathroom, the nurse held me down and said where are you going? I said I had to go, she just looked at me like I was an idiot and reminded me that I hadn't eaten in 28 hours. Both times they gave me Asocol (sp?) and I have a ton left over. I have the picture of my defects. Anyone want me to scan them in and post them? lol

Ban him!? Nay, SCAN THEM!

If I could photoshop, I would probably do it here... make Leonidas say them from 300.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bikemannc
    Top Bottom