• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    While this is a serious procedure, I LMAO at the story. Only someone who has gone through this can appreciate the humor and indignity of having this done.

When I got to the hospital for mine I ended up with this really great looking female nurse, which I thought was a good sign (other than feeling a breeze and being in front of a bunch of strangers in a corner booth so everyone walking by could sneak a peek). As I was getting ready to go under she asked if I needed anything. I said yes, you can buy me dinner because I can't believe I'm doing this for nothing.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Getting ready to receive my third one. They'll be on the docket for a while... but they are worth it.

I had my colon shortened quite a bit. If this one comes back okay, I wont have to receive another one for 2-3 years. I've done the prep work more times than I've received colonoscopies and each time it has been different.

This coming colon blow method is splitting a giant sized bottle of Miralix between two bottles of Gatoraide. I've also had the pill form and another drug that had the look and consistency of cold egg drop soup.

For those of you who are about to drop trawl, we salute you.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I had one a few years ago, cause they had some "concerns." The procedure itself wasn't a big deal, because I was asleep. The prep was nasty. Waking up was fun, because they apparently pump you full of air, and I had some truly EPIC farts. They were window shaking awesome, I'm here to tell you. I decided to have some fun with the nurse while I was still all groggy, and asked Cathy if she wanted to go rent a plane and go for a quick hop since I had the day off. Poor lady thought I was serious, and was MOST emphatic that I should NOT do that LOL.

There's nothing so bad about the procedure that would justify not having it if needed. Get 'er done!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Getting ready to receive my third one. They'll be on the docket for a while... but they are worth it.

I had my colon shortened quite a bit. If this one comes back okay, I wont have to receive another one for 2-3 years. I've done the prep work more times than I've received colonoscopies and each time it has been different.

This coming colon blow method is splitting a giant sized bottle of Miralix between two bottles of Gatoraide. I've also had the pill form and another drug that had the look and consistency of cold egg drop soup.

For those of you who are about to drop trawl, we salute you.

Likewise here. I had about 5 feet of my small intestine removed, and part of my colon, for a resection. They had me on the table with my guts sitting on my chest. I asked the surgeon to take pictures, and he did. :D I now have short bowel syndrome. When I eat, it is like a funnel.

He said the part of my SI they removed was like the fat side if a strip steak...real tough. It was so blocked, that everything I ate, sat in my bowels for days until it liquified, then came out like a water spicket. I lost over 100 lbs because I couldn't/didn't want to eat.

For those of you who have no idea what Crohn's is, imagine eating Taco Bell, then White Castle, then drowning it with a case of Schlitz. You know what's coming the next morning, (or even sooner in some cases) and feeling like that nearly 24/7 every day of your life. I really puts a damper on things sometimes.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    C-Scope. BTDT. Suggest a flavor in the prep, maybe Kool aid or something non alcohol.
    They had a poster of butts, mostly animals, and couple of Hollywood ones in the surgery room.The tv pictures were pretty cool. Glad to go home afterward. don't recall any real pain except for the prep before, and being a little cold during the "action"

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Have a friend that had that done years ago. He was understandably nervous was asking the doctor lots of questions. At one point he ask how the doctor how he knew when he had gone far enough. The doctor told him that he puts a piece of gum on the end of the probe and when you start chewing he knows to stop.:laugh:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I hear there is a pill or pills you can take for the prep instead of drinking that nasty stuff. I am overdue for mine but I know I will be having it done soon. I am not looking forward to it, thats why I have been putting it off. Scared I am.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I hear there is a pill or pills you can take for the prep instead of drinking that nasty stuff. I am overdue for mine but I know I will be having it done soon. I am not looking forward to it, thats why I have been putting it off. Scared I am.

Get the scope. You will be more scared of getting a colostomy from having a polyp turned-tumor if you don't go.

If you can, stay away from the drink unless it is Miralax. The drink called Fleet is full of fail. :twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Had both procedures done, not at the same time. The lower I've had to have done three times.

My comment before the "good meds" hit? "You don't work for the phone company. Don't use any more cable than you have to."

The coil of line for the scope was up next to my head, along the wall and looked like something that the cable company or telephone company would have installed on a truck for industrial use.

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    Had one done about two weeks ago. The prep is 'exciting' as some have mentioned. You'll live on the toilet or very close to it. The procedure itself was a breeze. (I had a very good doctor). I stayed awake, just slightly drugged, and watched. Very interesting. They gave me printed pictures afterwards and NO I will NOT post them. But as a great philosopher once said, "Get 'R Done". It just may save your life.

tedbower

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    mooresville
    Well I went to my doctor last week for a physical and just turned 50 in january so guess what I got in the mail ? A packet from the colonoscopy doctor to fill out and schedule my appt. Not looking forward to it .

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bikemannc
    Top Bottom