• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    No but I loved the show where they had the spetznaz guys using them as weapons. Alsmost as cool as thier knife that launches the blade at an attacker:rockwoot:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    No but I loved the show where they had the spetznaz guys using them as weapons. Alsmost as cool as thier knife that launches the blade at an attacker:rockwoot:

even better is when they throw tomahawks while back flipping.

befd4993e8.jpg

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I've played with one and they're a fun toy. Personally I like the German folding army shovels much better. The folding head and pick increase the functionality a lot. Any shovel can be sharpened. Dick Proenneke did just that for cutting moss for his cabin roof. I did this if I had to cut through a mess of roots. Certainly any shovel can be thrown. Just ask my dad about my younger days when he made he dig foundation trenches by hand in July.

Tim

P.S. Of course Cold Steel stole the concept of the shovel from Neolithic Britons (who invented shovels made from ox scapulas) without any attempt at compensating them so I cannot, in good conscience, endorse this product.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    I have meant to get one for a while, as I was not happy with the trowels I was using for back country trips. I tend to go lightweight, and the plastic trowels were only good for digging and did not go through roots systems well when digging a cathole. DONT get between me and my poop time! The small metal one were not much better.

It is 26 Oz., but I can chop firewood, dig a trench around a tarp, pick up hot coals or a foil meal out of the coals, did a quick deep cathole, make an emergency paddle by adding a longer handle, or even use it as a skillet. When I get an item that is so multifunctional, it offsets the weight. Right now it is in my work car as an emergency snow shovel. And of course you can cleave someone in half with the thing!!

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I have one and it lives in my car as an emergency shovel. Never tried throwing it but I have used it as a shovel and with it's edges just marginally sharpened it does a great jobs of cutting through roots and sod.

alliclaytor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Northside
    I REALLY wish that was a legit CHN military video...would make me feel better about their stealth fighter...Maybe that what happens when you put 100 of these shovels in a crate together.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    The darn Chinese and there freaking tunnel digging shovels.....

Also that tent they set up, ya I had that exact same tent when I was a kid, bought it for $15 at one of those traveling tool shows. Biggest POS that ever passed for a tent.....

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    I got to dig my van out with mine today. I love it. Normally it rides in my sidecar. In the winter it moves to the van.

Top Bottom