Oct 3, 2012

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I wonder if anyone has wondered what condition they will be in? This may make me start saving up to finally add one to my collection.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Glad to hear it. Wish someone would find a bunch of M1 Carbines too, as I would like another one of them. I wish they would go back to a limit to the number of rifles any one person can buy. Spread them around and give everyone a chance.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Excellent! If they are in poor condition I'm sure that CMP will breath goodness on them and they will be excellent shooters.

wabashman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Glad to hear it. Wish someone would find a bunch of M1 Carbines too, as I would like another one of them. I wish they would go back to a limit to the number of rifles any one person can buy. Spread them around and give everyone a chance.

CMP reduced the amount one can buy in a 12 month period last year. Went from 12 to 8 per person I believe. Still no where close to the 1 per year it was.

Main problem now is, it's hard/impossible to get a M1 without being a mixmaster, or having CMP wood on it.

i picked upy first one mid last year, all numbers matching but CMP wood on it. Still looks really nice and shoots great. Would definitely pick up another if the price was right.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    On its face this is good news, but realistically, if they received these guns tomorrow, I am betting it would be at least a couple of years before they show up for sale. With condition unknown, it's probably a safe assumption that they will all need to be cleaned, fixed, re-arsenaled, etc.. It's also been my understanding that the CMP's lack of inventory in their North and South stores isn't because they don't have the rifles, but that they are getting them refurbished as quickly as they can just to keep up with online orders. Still glad to see this though. :yesway:

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Weren't those given a hard 'nope, not gonna happen?

I think it was more like: "We told you it would be several years. Stop bugging us about it!"

They were getting inundated with calls and emails based on all the speculation. They were getting so much phone and email traffic that they couldn't get anything else done.

Last May when I was in the South Store, they had a sign posted: "DON'T EVEN ASK ABOUT THE 1911s!"

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    And now that the military is moving away from the M9, we will surely see those turn up at CMP, right? Right?!

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Start now saving your money now for when those Garand's finally get here. Get as many as you have the money for and read all you can about them from the butt plate to the muzzle while you're waiting and saving. Three or four mix masters might just result in the real deal by swapping out parts and you can sell off the remaining to make the one you keep "free". BTDT in a previous time and wound up with a 100% H&R. Had five delivered to where I was working at the time, and my boss came in and said he needed the keys to my truck. Girls in the office freaked out with a pile of Garands sitting in the office so he put them all in my truck. Owner sent down a message later that he heard I got a big shipment of rifles and as he was a gun nut himself he wanted me to at least show him one when the work day was over. Gotta luv a small town place to work.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    Quick question on the CMP. Does Indiana's pink card qualify for the requirements for Marksmanship or other firearms related activity? Read where it said concealed carry license, but not sure since it's shall issue, and didn't require anyhting other than an application and some money. Thoughts?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Quick question on the CMP. Does Indiana's pink card qualify for the requirements for Marksmanship or other firearms related activity? Read where it said concealed carry license, but not sure since it's shall issue, and didn't require anyhting other than an application and some money. Thoughts?

Yes it does.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven

You pinks are one part,....you must also be a member of a CMP affiliate club,be able to produce your birth certificate.......if your over 60 or a former member of the armed forces your good.....

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Korea still something like 250K of both carbines and garands, there out there.....just need to get the "we don't them back" removed from the lend/lease program

Top Bottom