• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I might be traveling to Cleveland, OH next week for work. I just put two and two together and figured out I could hit the Camp Perry CMP on the way back.

The only requirement Im missing is belonging to a "CMP Affiliated Organization". I would need to get this done before I leave. So how can I make that happen and get the proof I need before say tuesday or wednesday??

I was thinking about the GCA or more recently the RWVA (Appleseed). So who knows how quickly I can get confirmation of being a member? or are there other options? Ive even heard you might be able to join the GCA at the store??

thanks,
    clay

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    GCA reports to CMP weekly, I dont know if GCA has a place on their webpage to join with a CC or not, I sent a check when I joined.
    I dont think you have enough time , BTW if you join GCA and do not get your membership card before you go, CMP will look to see if your name is on the list and process your order

edit to add--
    When I went to CMP I had my order already filled out and noterized (first order has to be noterized, any order after that you can write previously provided next to it on the check off list. Also you can write that next to the birth cert., firingarms profiecency, and any other spot that requires a peice of ID ( theres a list on the CMP forums on what you can do this for)

Last edited:

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Join the Garand collectors assan. You should be able to do that there at checkout time. Call them to verify.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I joined the rwva last week to try to get some of the CMP .30-06 AP ammo in time but it sold out the next day. It takes about 2 weeks to get a membership card from them and you don't really get a membership number with your receipt. I haven't called them to see if you can get something like a fax or email to have a confirmation of membership earlier than that because once I saw it sold out there is no longer a hurry and I didn't want to add a hassle for them.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    SmileDocHill, theres still some good deals on '06 from cmp, they have the HXP, boxed ammo and stuff on links. Granted its not AP but its a good deal

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    edit to add--
    When I went to CMP I had my order already filled out and noterized (first order has to be noterized, any order after that you can write previously provided next to it on the check off list. Also you can write that next to the birth cert., firingarms profiecency, and any other spot that requires a peice of ID ( theres a list on the CMP forums on what you can do this for)

What do I need to have a noterized order form for if Im going in person?

My aunt is a notary, so this isn't a major issue, I just figured that was for having an order shipped.

thanks,
    clay

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    CMP will sign you up to a club over there right then an there. GCA for 25.00 or another club that qualify's for 14.00....Do you know they are not open on Sun, Mon.an Tues.....do you have your birth certificate, drivers license,an Handgun permit OR proof of Military Service OR something that qualifies you with gun...

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    CMP will sign you up to a club over there right then an there. GCA for 25.00 or another club that qualify's for 14.00....Do you know they are not open on Sun, Mon.an Tues.....do you have your birth certificate, drivers license,an Handgun permit OR proof of Military Service OR something that qualifies you with gun...

awesome!

It would be wednesday or thursday if I go, and yup I have all of that, just not the membership.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Clay...let us know what you get. I think they are out of service grade, but lots of Field Grade SA, HRA, an WRA...If your not sure what you want, contact the staff an they will love to help you....are you looking for a good shooter? Something from WWII,...They also have service grade specials for 895.00 which are all correct except for brand new wood. An special grades for around 995.00 which are reparked, new wood an new barrel....For me theres something about a WWII Garand an many are very good shooters...all Winchesters you see will be WWII, an beleive 3.5 million an below serial number Springfields will be WWII....good luck an don't forget the ammo!!!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yup, my goal is to find a WWII Garand and ammo.

I guess this brings me to another question. What are the cut off serial numbers for WWII service, or is there a website that lays this out? that way I can have a game plan when i go in ;)

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Do a search on M1 Garand Born on Date I could give you the site, but for some reason it won't come up...but the search it will....In June 1945 the last serial number of Springfield was 3,875,601.....so anything before that is good to go. Only Springfield an Winchesters were made in WWII, none of the HRA's were. My 6 digit 942,192 SA Field grade was made in Nov. 1942....you shouldn't have to hard of time finding a WWII SA....The Winchesters are about 200.00 more for Field Grades...its for the name only, an thats there value, but they are probably going to be a little rougher an you will have a harder time finding one with a MW (muzzle width) of under 3.0....3.0 is ok, but you should be able to find a SA with a 2.0, these will shoot really good for you. You can borrow a MW gauge from the staff, find one with a serial number you like an check the muzzle. Then you will have to judge how the wood is....I will tell you these will not be very nice looking, but you would be surprized with a little work they can come out very nice...you can also buy new wood stock set there with all the metal for around 145.00,....I bought one for my FG, an its a great shooter. Its the one in my avatar...I stripped the CMP stain an put my own on an then finished with low gloss tung oil.

Top Bottom