• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    I've been thinking about getting a .22 conversion kit for a while. I started precision shooting some and I need to practice more to get my groups smaller. So CDNN had a sale recently and they are the only one who offers the cmmg stainless model. I ordered it and 3 extra mags (5 total) and it arrived today. I through it in a upper (after adding some oil) with a Del-ton 1 in 9 16" barrel and headed to the range. Got setup with bags front and rear and zeroed and shot groups at 50 yards.

A few things about the kit:
    -120 flawless rounds (10 rem subsonic and 10 cci green tag match included)
    -Dropped right in
    -The mags get really hard to load after about 20 rounds. I'd love to have a speed loader like they make for the 10-22 ruger.
    - Seems to be fairly accurate out of this upper
    - came right out of the upper after shooting without prying etc

I like the conversion so far and it seems to be money well spent. Now for some pics:

The kit (after range trip):

DSC01115.jpg

The host:

DSC01107.jpg

The ammo:

DSC01101.jpg

The results:

DSC01109.jpg

Federal bulk pack = 6"
    CCI green label = 2.375"
    Remington subsonic = 3.5"

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    The only down side is that with the conversion kit versus the dedicated upper is a .223/5.56 barrel is a hair larger then the .22 barrel. That will affect the accuracy of the rifle. Otherwise nice set up.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    cwood - 10-4 I wasn't expecting match accuracy. I can't justify a dedicated 22 upper with what a decent one cost. This upper will pretty much become my 22 upper but obviously could always go back to shooting .223 or 5.56. Based on how my scoped Marlin model 60 shot I'm pretty happy with the accuracy (the conversion is about 1/2 as precise)

Big bird - not sure on the compatiblity of the mags but I think they'll work. I'd contact cmmg directly or maybe call aimsurplus.com and ask them and order some for 18.96 shipped.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    the CMMG kit is of the Atchisson/Ciener design and all mags are interchangeable. The A/C pattern mags will not wok with the Olympic/M261 design kits. The feedlips are set much further forward on the '261 pattern mags. Black Dog Machine (who pioneered the hi-cap plastic mags) offers hi-cap mags for the '261, Ciener and V22 kits.

Top Bottom