• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    If anyone is looking for the SS CMMG 22lr AR kits I found a way to get them without a backorder and relatively inexpensive, if not cheaper than list. I found bolt assemblies at Palmetto State Armory and the rails, guide rod, spring kit and a no jam charging handle at CMMG. Total for everything shipped came to $213.

LJDraves

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    I've had mine for about 8 months and have never had a problem with it. Good thing too with ammo prices the way they are now.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    How is the accuracy with the conversion kits? I tried one once and thought that it wasn't very precise but the problem may have been the ammo.... I was thinking of trying it again.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I had the Spikes nickel plated conversion bolt, and at Appleseed distance (25 yards) it would cloverleaf without a problem using Federal Bulk boxes. I never used it on paper at longer distances, being content to just ring steel at 100 yards. I enjoyed it enough that I went ahead and acquired a complete .22LR upper from CMMG and it is more accurate, but the conversion bolts (at least the one I had) do surprisingly well.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Well, I'd say the conversion bolt might not group as well as my Marlin 795, but the Marlin groups better than a stock 10/22 anyway; so out to 25 you'd probably have a hard time picking between the conversion bolt and the Ruger. Farther out I'd hope the Ruger would have an edge, but I couldn't tell you.

mwsoccer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I had the Spikes nickel plated conversion bolt, and at Appleseed distance (25 yards) it would cloverleaf without a problem using Federal Bulk boxes. I never used it on paper at longer distances, being content to just ring steel at 100 yards. I enjoyed it enough that I went ahead and acquired a complete .22LR upper from CMMG and it is more accurate, but the conversion bolts (at least the one I had) do surprisingly well.

Do you happen to remember what you paid for your spikes kit? I have one for sale and just want to make sure I am pricing it fairly. Thanks

Top Bottom