• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    I am looking for a club within 45 minutes of Bloomington, preferably with a rifle and pistol range. What are peoples impressions of Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club? Any others I should be aware of? Thanks!

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    The Hoosier Hills R&P Club is good. I used the outdoor range this evening. Nice covered firing line with 200 yards of range. Matches every Thursday. Also a 10 or 12 station indoor range at the airport. Very friendly people.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Your options are Hoosier Hills, Riley, Sycamore, and Martinsville. They are all great ranges. Hoosier Hills and Riley have very open membership and are about the same distance and cost. Sycamore is a bit more pricey but has the longest ranges IIRC. Martinsville is by and far the closest, but it is hard to get membership to (it is a limited membership and the next opening will not be until 2011).

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    I've been to Riley a couple of times for steel matches. I liked the range, but it is a bit of a drive. Sycamore is out of my league financially. Hopefully I can check out Hoosier Hills soon. Thanks for all the input.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Check out South Central Gun Club. Mainly pistol with rifle out to about 100yds. Depending on where you are in Bloomington, might be closer to an hour drive though.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I was going to suggest this too. I live on the NW side of Monroe County and I've gotten down there in 45 min. I like it because it's cheap ($45 1st yr, $35 after that), and there are nice horseshoe berms for practice, and you can practice from the holster, ie, a lot more freedom. The have USPSA 1st Sunday of the month, and it ain't real busy there.

Check out South Central Gun Club. Mainly pistol with rifle out to about 100yds. Depending on where you are in Bloomington, might be closer to an hour drive though.

Top Bottom