• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I think the week my wife heads down to Texas for training will be a great week to get the cosmoline out of my two Mosins... For some reason.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I have cleaned my AK a few times that way. Wouldn't recommend it, but in a pinch it will work. Also used the oven to dry them :D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I have cleaned my AK a few times that way. Wouldn't recommend it, but in a pinch it will work. Also used the oven to dry them :D

make sure you clear all ammo before you place in oven though. Saw a revolver that was a casualty of being loaded and in a hot oven. Not a safe thing.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    make sure you clear all ammo before you place in oven though. Saw a revolver that was a casualty of being loaded and in a hot oven. Not a safe thing.

Well step1 in my cleaning process is to remove all ammo from the cleaning area so I havnt had that particular problem, but what she said. The mythbusters did a whole special on ammo in the oven. If its out of a gun, not much damage, god help you if its IN the gun.

Also, if your putting your AK in the Over/Dishwasher, take off the wood furniture. Original time I tried it the heat cracked the stock.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I melted my Glock once in the dishwasher

Just kidding, never done this or known anyone to do this but I've seen plenty of videos on Youtube and the like of people demonstrating it.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I melted my Glock once in the dishwasher

Just kidding, never done this or known anyone to do this but I've seen plenty of videos on Youtube and the like of people demonstrating it.

Everyone know that tupperware is top shelf only in the dish washer. :):

But then again, I'm not sure how clean and Glock go together. I just knock the dirt out of it when I dig it up and shoot it.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    I used one to get the cosmolene off of my SKS when I bought it. It can also be used to strip all the finish off of wood stocks if you're into that kind of thing.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Whenever I need the extra accuracy, I watch my ammo in the dishwasher (ours has a little plastic box that I use). My groupings get about 25% tighter when shooting clean ammo.

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    I cleaned the cosmolene out of 6 SKS's. I cranked the hot water tank to max 1 hour before cleaning and washed them in a big sink. It was quick and they evaporate quickly. Then spray and wipe them down with gun oil.

Top Bottom