• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tuffenough22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    I am currently deployed over seas for the time being, and before I left home I started a SBR build. I intended on filling out the paperwork, but got caught up in other things that needed to be finished before I left. Is it at all possible to fill the paperwork out and pay the money while I am away from home, or am I just talking crazy? I was looking into the trust199, and would like some more information on all of that if at all possible! I wanted to thank you guys as well for giving us a forum to come to and enjoy some good gun humor while we are away from home! It seems like you can always get a good laugh every time you come onto the forum!

Any who, any information would be greatly appreciated!

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    First of all, thank you for your service to our great country! :patriot:

I believe a trust is the way to go, unless you never intend to get married, have children, or want to allow trusted family and friends access to your NFA items. The SilencerCo trust for $129 is interesting, being from a larger silencer company, I would have to seriously consider it if I didn't already have a trust. https://www.silencerco.com/nfa-trust/

Once you have your trust, I don't believe you would have a problem getting your SBR stamp started, someone with more knowledge than I have of military service and your home address will hopefully chime in.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    If you have a trust and thus don't need to run it through LEO signature, you can pretty much file your paperwork from anywhere. As long as your official/permanent residence isn't likely to change while you are gone, you should be fine (and of course, you will be picking up your stuff in person here when you get back and leaving it here, secured, if you leave again).

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Just to be on the safe side whomever you leave the SBR with should be listed as a co-trustee. That way if something happens you and they are covered. The first person I put on mine was my fiance'/wife. (After being together for almost 17 years few people know we aren't married. Everyone thinks we are.)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Last edited:

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I used 199trust.com and I'm very happy with the results and have 6 NFA items approved with it. To me it's somewhere between a will maker trust and using a lawyer.

I think Form 1s are still available on the eForm site, that's how I did it. Very easy process and didn't take too long.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Tuffenough where are you at?
    Im overseas right now too.
    I dropped off the paperwork before I left which means when I get home the paperwork should be all done!

Tuffenough22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Thank you all so very much for all the information. Ive been doing more research into the trust idea, and I think I may try that option. You guys have once again answered all of my questions. I love this site, and all of the knowledge within its members!!

Zoglog, my father is S-3 and will hunt me down and find me if I put my where a bouts on the internet. He loves to hack into my computer from the states and change the things I writ

Top Bottom