• 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That sent me here.
    2 Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 1:6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 1:7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 1:8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Shared via Bible KJV

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Can someone point to me to a Scripture that identifies someone speaking in tongues in which it was not a known human language? Just curious.
    1 Corinthians 13:1 "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. " Since I was in a church where many spoke in tongues and or gave a tongue message, different than just speaking in tongues, I heard many languages none of which I could identify, but possible some were that of angels since Paul states that he did. Unless one was a master of all languages it would be difficult to identify imho.
    MUSLIMS in Asia and Africa are suddenly becoming Christians. Very difficult religion to get out of, and dangerous for converts but they are coming to Christ, not by the hundreds or thousands but by the millions! Pastors estimate at least 6 million this year and growing. Pastors reporting the Muslim converts saying they are having dreams and vision of Christ, some saying in the dreams they are told where to go to find a Christian pastor. Just heard this today.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Different subject.

To all of those that are in Christ.

As we see the world in turmoil, let us remember that this world is not our home. We are just passing through.

Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Revelation 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Shared via Bible KJV

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah, RNS or some other site was covering it. I merely shrugged when I saw "Methodist" . I can't believe John Wesley would approve.
    I would think that one would have to spend quite a bit of time explaining the progression of apostasy to John Wesley before even broaching this specific subject, for him to begin to understand.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I would think that one would have to spend quite a bit of time explaining the progression of apostasy to John Wesley before even broaching this specific subject, for him to begin to understand.
    Are you spoiling for a fight today, Hough?

In one thread you are spouting off about stable marriage (as if that is even possible) and here you are using the "A" word as if modern religion should not make their own rules!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Are you spoiling for a fight today, Hough?

In one thread you are spouting off about stable marriage (as if that is even possible) and here you are using the "A" word as if modern religion should not make their own rules!
    No. I'm just saying that if you started a conversation with John Wesley about a "pastor" who was a drag queen, you would have to spend quite a bit of time explaining the 21st century world before he would be prepared to hear about a drag queen.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    OK, maybe it is me trying to start a fight.

Joking. I agree with you on both points. January 2 will be our 40th anniversary.

I was planning on making a career of the Army and I was on a fast track for promotion.

I decided I would rather have a long happy marriage.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We've been married 21 years, and we're asymptotically approaching stable.

And while we're deeply committed and devoutly loving, neither of us seemed too upset with the sermon on Luke 20:27-40 and the reality that we won't be married in heaven.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    Hey y'all. Enjoying a sermon on YT from a church I've been visiting.

Good stuff.

Hope you've been doing well.

As far as "being married in heaven"...my understanding is that marriage was instituted to prepare us for a lifetime of forgiveness and sacrifice and it was pointing towards greater things to come.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This world is not my home, I'm just a passing through, my treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue. The angels beckon me from heavens open door, and I can't feel at home in this world anymore.

I don't know how the unsaved make through the trials and tribulations of this place.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This world is not my home, I'm just a passing through, my treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue. The angels beckon me from heavens open door, and I can't feel at home in this world anymore.

I don't know how the unsaved make through the trials and tribulations of this place.
    Not to get maudlin, but my Mom, my sister and I sang that song to my Dad when it was about his time to go to his real home. Don't know if he heard us, but we know for certain he's doing better than the rest of us right now.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Not to get maudlin, but my Mom, my sister and I sang that song to my Dad when it was about his time to go to his real home. Don't know if he heard us, but we know for certain he's doing better than the rest of us right now.
    Amen Brother!

I love older people. I was a very late child and grew up with older parents and their older friends.

I have always loved absorbing their knowledge, the problem is I have so many that have passed and do not know all of their whereabouts.

I am hoping to see them some day soon.

Even so come Lord Jesus.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Since I drive for a living, I listen to a LOT of podcasts. I follow several church's and listen to their message weekly. This one was earlier this year. It stuck with me. I've watched/listened to is several times.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    No doubt in my mind he heard every word. :) Godspeed

Top Bottom