• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    The girlfriend and I are looking at going to the zoo in Cincinnati over the summer and are looking for a hotel to stay in. We plan on doing the zoo one day and the natural history museum the next.

We are looking for a nice hotel to stay at being as I won't be able to carry in Ohio and don't want to just book a hotel anywhere not knowing where the worse parts of town are.

Also, what are some good restaurants? We will only be staying for one night and will want some good dinner and maybe breakfast. Thanks in advance for the advice.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    The zoo is great, but the area isn't exactly pristine. I'm not familiar with the Natural History Museum though. You've got a couple of choices, IMO. Stay in the convington/newport area in KY or stay up around Blue Ash. Probably more restaurant choices if you stay on the KY side of the river since you're also close to downtown Cincy.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    Save some time and money. Make a day trip to the museum and then go to the Indianapolis Zoo. My wife and I went to the Cincinnati Zoo a couple years ago and we were unimpressed. It was filthy and the staff were not very friendly.

cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    The zoo is great, but the area isn't exactly pristine. I'm not familiar with the Natural History Museum though. You've got a couple of choices, IMO. Stay in the convington/newport area in KY or stay up around Blue Ash. Probably more restaurant choices if you stay on the KY side of the river since you're also close to downtown Cincy.

The museum is about 10 minutes south of the zoo. Thanks for the advice. I will look into some more hotels in those areas.

Save some time and money. Make a day trip to the museum and then go to the Indianapolis Zoo. My wife and I went to the Cincinnati Zoo a couple years ago and we were unimpressed. It was filthy and the staff were not very friendly.

I remember going when I was younger, and my family really enjoyed it. Granted, that was ~15 years ago, so it could have changed. We have already been to the Indy Zoo, and it was alright for us. We just really want to get out of town for a couple of days by ourselves.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'd concur with the zoo review above. If you want to do a zoo and then the museum, your best bet is the Toledo zoo on your way.

Top Bottom