• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I was in my LGS today and saw one of these for the first time. I'm curious to know if anyone has any experience with them. The Cimarron high polish blue is one of the prettiest guns I've ever seen. It's a first generation Colt replica and has a very nice rollmark with patent dates. I've read that these are actually made by Armscorp but finished to a higher quality than the RIA guns. I saw something online about the finish possibly being done by Fords in Florida? The only downside I noticed was the pricetag=$650:(

Cimarron1911.jpg

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I've looked into these online and found that they also make a parkerized version and it seems to cost nearly $200 less. That just seems to be alot for a factoy blue job. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way it's a nice piece.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I forgot to mention that it comes with a lifetime warranty, double diamond walnut grips, 2 mags, leather holster and it's Colt parts compliant. I'm having serious thoughts about this gun.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    When I was in buying a $1100 1911 today, :rockwoot:, I got to handle an Armscor subsidary creation - Legacy's Citadel 1911 officer's size compact. Let me tell you, the damn Citadel had a better trigger than the $1200 Kimber I held! Fit = good and tight, Finish = Fair.

So thus far from what I held and played with, I'd say Armscor isn't bad =) It seems like a very high value piece. I only resisted walking away with it for a few reasons: no night sights, one I bought has them. No front checkering, mine has it. It's an officer's 1911 - mine's a Commander which is what I wanted. Sorry for seemingly attempted hijack, just reporting my limited but recent armscor experience

Top Bottom