Christmas is a month away and I've already help eat 5 of these......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Ah yes, mix the worst of holiday baking with gummy candy. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Seriously, I've had some genuinely disgusting panettone...

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I've never heard of that, but it looks kind of like fruit cake. I'm in. I am also willing accept any and all fruit cake you seek to dispose of after the holidays are over.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    This one is pretty much what she does without having to retype her notes!

Panettone Recipe : Mario Batali : Food Network

Thanks much, but what is pretty much? If she won't share her secrets that's fine, and I totally understand. My cousin used to make the best chocolate chip cookies, and gave out the recipe, but nobody else were as good. My family still took all 3 ribbons in lake co fair using the recipe she gave but still not as good as hers. It could have been her magic touch, or she fudged the recipe a bit. Honestly I think it was a bit of both. One of my other cousins made them with her and found out the flour was just a touch off, but even with that none have been as good.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Thanks much, but what is pretty much? If she won't share her secrets that's fine, and I totally understand. My cousin used to make the best chocolate chip cookies, and gave out the recipe, but nobody else were as good. My family still took all 3 ribbons in lake co fair using the recipe she gave but still not as good as hers. It could have been her magic touch, or she fudged the recipe a bit. Honestly I think it was a bit of both. One of my other cousins made them with her and found out the flour was just a touch off, but even with that none have been as good.

We have a convection oven and she adds some different dried fruits to it, about 10% more The mix is the same and I was just too lazy to type. We cook in stainless steel and that is the other difference.

Top Bottom