• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I find it interesting that Chris Matthews default criticism is racism. All problems always seem to end up in racism for him. Seems like someone is projecting their own faults onto everyone else.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Never change their minds and won't change the subject?" Hmmm. Where have I heard that before?
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Ah, so if you stick to your guns, to coin a phrase, and maintain your principals, you're to be dismissed as a fanatic in the Liberal mind. Okay. Let's pick that ball up and run with it.

The American people spoke to our representatives and the Liberals' anti-gun agenda got its ass handed to it. Did the Liberals change their minds? No. They still want to eviscerate gun rights in America. Did the Liberals change the subject? No. They vowed to maintain the push in this very session of Congress to pass an anti-gun bill substantially identical to the one that was already voted down.

Who are the real fanatics here, Chris?

As a Conservative, I'd LOVE for the public dialogue to pivot to immigration reform, true immigration and true reform, not economic invasion nor amnesty, or even better, to shrinking the size and scope of the federal government and its attendant budget. Can we do that, please? No. The Left wants to keep hammering on gun-control, even as their iron assumes room temperature, they keep right on striking it.

I find it interesting that Chris Matthews default criticism is racism. All problems always seem to end up in racism for him. Seems like someone is projecting their own faults onto everyone else.
    Crying, "Conservatives are Racist! Conservatives are Racist!" has become such a dog whistle for the Left, that I can't even hear it anymore. Whenever I see Leftists crying racism, I just literally hear nothing. I just wait to hear them actually utter something in the form of an English sentence that has any substance to it. I'm usually waiting a long time, and often never hear them say anything of substance whatsoever. This exchange was one of those latter times.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    "Never change their minds and won't change the subject?" Hmmm. Where have I heard that before?
    Ah, so if you stick to your guns, to coin a phrase, and maintain your principals, you're to be dismissed as a fanatic in the Liberal mind. Okay. Let's pick that ball up and run with it.

The American people spoke to our representatives and the Liberals' anti-gun agenda got its ass handed to it. Did the Liberals change their minds? No. They still want to eviscerate gun rights in America. Did the Liberals change the subject? No. They vowed to maintain the push in this very session of Congress to pass an anti-gun bill substantially identical to the one that was already voted down.

Who are the real fanatics here, Chris?

As a Conservative, I'd LOVE for the public dialogue to pivot to immigration reform, true immigration and true reform, not economic invasion nor amnesty, or even better, to shrinking the size and scope of the federal government and its attendant budget. Can we do that, please? No. The Left wants to keep hammering on gun-control, even as their iron assumes room temperature, they keep right on striking it.

Crying, "Conservatives are Racist! Conservatives are Racist!" has become such a dog whistle for the Left, that I can't even hear it anymore. Whenever I see Leftists crying racism, I just literally hear nothing. I just wait to hear them actually utter something in the form of an English sentence that has any substance to it. I'm usually waiting a long time, and often never hear them say anything of substance whatsoever. This exchange was one of those latter times.

My mom, rest her soul, for some reason, absolutely loved his show.

The thought crossed my mind earlier this week that what a fantastic time to pounce on this immigration thing while so many are distracted by NSA, IRS, and all the other Obama-gates. Progressives never sleep...it's all about moving forware, where ever they can.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here

I believe that those who have been crying racist, are actually the racist themselves. They continuously try to portray all gun owners as white, racist, extremist. Isn't forcing a label on group of conservatives as white, racist, extremist a form of racism even if they are of the same race?

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If Chris Mathews is the gold standard for what normal is, I'm super glad to be weird and not normal!
    Normal people are weird. I mean, imagine reading any set of statistics on demographics you can imagine. Now, imagine taking the average, whether mean, mode, or median, of each of those statistics and constructing a person who fits within the average for each data point. Now look at that so-called "average" person. Freaky.

I believe that those who have been crying racist, are actually the racist themselves. They continuously try to portray all gun owners as white, racist, extremist. Isn't forcing a label on group of conservatives as white, racist, extremist a form of racism even if they are of the same race?
    I think that would require the coinage of a new term, politicist, bigotry against a person on the basis of their political views. An utter inability to consider another person's unique qualities outside of one's own characterized notions of their political beliefs and attitudes. That pretty much captures most Left-Wing pundits' talking points about the Right and Conservative political ideals.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    I hate to be the one to say it, but if you think most of the cable "news" personalities actually give a crap about what they are talking about, you are sorely mistaken. They just pander to whatever gets them the best ratings; that goes for both sides of the political "news" spectrum.

Ex:

Jon Stewart used to be a die hard libertarian, until he realized how well his ratings did when he pandered to the lefties.

Lou Dobbs projected a very moderate persona when he was on CNN. Ditto for Glenn Beck.

Many of the Fox News personalities are hard core Ivy Leaguers, or went to elite universities (including Bill O'Reilly, who constantly rails of Ivy Leaguers and their elite universities "Ivory Towers"...)

Arriana Huffington has been around the D.C. political scene for decades. She is a businesswoman, just like the guys on K street. They couldn't give less of a crap about what they are pushing as long as the paychecks roll in.

Don't get suckered into the propaganda theatrics. They aren't running a charity (not that all of them are forthright, either). These people are basically actors, and their personas are characters. These "news" organizations' purpose is to make money.

Google "politics" and "pivoting" or "the pivot" to read all about how this is standard fare in todays retail politics.

Top Bottom