• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Costa…lot, but looks pretty darn cool. I did a search to see if this has been posted about before, and didn't find it. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I like the idea of the trigger job, the top/side serrations, stippling, and the front sight. I'm not sure i'm too into the slide lightening. There are a few people doing similar things out there. I plan on a completely custom M&P 9mm full size… would you go Costa (lot) or would you go milled slide from somewhere else, apex trigger, Nash stippling, etc etc?

CostaEditionATEiMPs23.png

[video=youtube;xYrSFRkue3Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYrSFRkue3Y[/video]

Other options:

salient
    tumblr_mmkfllaPGm1qzibzio1_500.jpg

10-8 (AETi…same as the costa)
    img-1760-2400.jpg

Customized Creations

thumb.php

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I'm not sure.

I mean, I guess the cutaways in the slide would be ok if I decide to go with the tactical length beard, but what if I change my mind and decide to try the duck dynasty length? Where would I be then? Stuck city, that's where. Pass.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Kyle Lamb from Viking tactics also likes what Salient Arms do to the M&P, I don't know how much is the different tiers but as a SD sidearm I probably wouldn't do it.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I like the rear serrations on the top of the slide. I also run a blacked out rear sight. Everything else is kinda not really doing it for me.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I think I will pass on the Costa M&P. The M&P CORE better suits my needs...

I looked at a CORE over the weekend and soo wanted to buy it, as in my mind it was everything I wanted. Then I dry fired it and remembered how awful the triggers are and came back to reality. Bummer.

As for the Costa model and all of the rest, I think they are cool. If you want to dump a bunch of money on mostly unnecessary stuff, go for it.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I can see some functional uses for the mods like the added serrations, better sights, better trigger, etc. But I don't think the total package with the name on the side is something I would personally pay for.

If you want something different and have the $$ go for it. It would sure be a conversation piece. Otherwise make a one-off wild custom of your own.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Might be unnecessary modifications but I think the guns are cool. Not my cup of tea. I can understand why people would appreciate owning them.

Edit: tried to watch the video. Only got a couple minutes into it. Seemed like a lot of marketing.

Last edited:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I looked at a CORE over the weekend and soo wanted to buy it, as in my mind it was everything I wanted. Then I dry fired it and remembered how awful the triggers are and came back to reality. Bummer.

As for the Costa model and all of the rest, I think they are cool. If you want to dump a bunch of money on mostly unnecessary stuff, go for it.

You'll notice the trigger on Uzi's CORE is NOT stock. It's an apex trigger, and it feels great. After having shot his, I am putting an order into apex.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Speaking of triggers, I must be used to 1911 style triggers and how a single action trigger pull feels on my revolvers. I have the Apex USB and the aluminum trigger. Though it got better, it still feels funky to me. I am still debating on buying the Apex sear to see if it gets any better. Or I may just sell it.

As far as the Costa, if you have the money and you like it, then buy it. My budget is way to tight to consider high end firearms. :)

hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    Well... I own one and it is a awesome gun. I have had Doug at ATEi do several pistols for me. His work is top notch and a great guy to deal with. The combination with the slide being lightened and the recoil spring makes for a fast gun. The trigger is buttery smooth. I was worried at first with the the lightening cut and debris. But I have over 2k rounds and only 3 malfunctions all were ammo related. There is a noticeable difference in weight compared to my stock M&P but that is to be expected. I will try to get some pics up tonight. All in all I dont ever think it is wasted money I carry it 80% o the time.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Yes, I should give one a try.

Lets see
    M&P CORE $650
    RMR $550
    APEX kit $ 200?
    Holster $100
    20 Mags (when you can find them) $700
    = Just right?????

My apologies... when you stated "I looked at a CORE over the weekend and so wanted to buy it, as in my mind it was everything I wanted. Then I dry fired it and remembered how awful the triggers are and came back to reality. Bummer." I assumed you were talking about the trigger.
    The Polymer forward sear & trigger kit is $130

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    My apologies... when you stated "I looked at a CORE over the weekend and so wanted to buy it, as in my mind it was everything I wanted. Then I dry fired it and remembered how awful the triggers are and came back to reality. Bummer." I assumed you were talking about the trigger.
    The Polymer forward sear & trigger kit is $130

No you were totally correct. I am trying to talk myself out of it by putting the numbers in print.:):

Ottboys3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Indy
    Apex trigger is a must like the looks of what 10-8 does! Costa to me is like a nighthawk 1911 It would be a safe queen cause it cost me so much!

Top Bottom