• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    So I was thinking if I need to become mobile swiftly in an emergency I didn't have an easy way to transport long guns. I did some research and found a nice case that can hold 4 scoped long guns in padding, with wheels and it's lockable. So that lead to, which 4 would I take? THAT lead to, in an emergency event, would I take an ar10 AND an ar15? I have a bolt gun to accompany either. So, if you were forced to choose, would you take .223 or .308? For weight and scrounging ammo, I'd say .223. For maximum effect and range I'd say .308. I'd also take a scoped .22.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Decked truck bed system has gun rack inserts for their drawers. They hold 3.
    I have an AR in 762x39, an AK, and nothing in the third spot. During deer season I'll throw the deer rifle I'm using that year in the open spot.

If I had to put three rifles to last an indefinite period of time I'd probably go with:

Supressed 10/22, 3-9 scope

AR in 762x39

AR in 6.5G

Both AR have quick detach supressor mounts

I'd put as many mags and ammo as I could fit around the rifles in the drawer.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I debated on the 12 gauge and decided to leave it at home, but my view was more defensive based and not food/hunting. For most reasonably accessible game I feel like a .308 bolt gun would work.

I guess I would rephrase my original question as such: does anyone see a reason to bring both an ar10 and an AR-15, or just one, and if one, which, and why?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Choosing 4 rifles..... I'm not sure I'd take that many to be honest. I have 4 bolt action rifles that I could take a deer with at 600 or 700 yards max which is about the limit I'd take for a hunting shot, so one of those goes in the vehicle for sure. Next choice would be a fighting rifle or two (wife gets one) which to me is something mag fed with lots of mags and ammo. Fourth gun would probably be my TPS M6 Scout 22lr/410 combo. With a 22 short that rifle is super quiet, and with a 410 shot shell I can and have taken any small game I want.

Top Bottom