• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Our non-stop policing of the world is creating more enemies for America....

Be sure to thank your leaders for supporting policies that have made the U.S. so easy to demonize.

Chinese videogame targets U.S. troops

Chinas-PLA-develops-own-military-game.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Meh. I've played dozens of games that have used Russians, Arabs, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, various Europeans, and even Americans as the "Bad Guys". I'm not surprised that foreign games use their own versions of "bad guys" in them.

That said, the graphics look pretty good.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Meh. I've played dozens of games that have used Russians, Arabs, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, various Europeans, and even Americans as the "Bad Guys". I'm not surprised that foreign games use their own versions of "bad guys" in them.

:+1: I have a hard time getting upset over who the "bad guys" are in any particular video game. I'm certainly not trying to politicize anything when I play, say, Call of Duty. I'm just trying to play a game.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    :+1: I have a hard time getting upset over who the "bad guys" are in any particular video game. I'm certainly not trying to politicize anything when I play, say, Call of Duty. I'm just trying to play a game.

Yep.....

Same here, anytime you play a war game online, someone has to be from another country....

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Whether we realize it or not, video game lovers spend countless hours wrapped up in these engrossing and realistic war scenarios. It softens the viewer to war. And when the kids turn 18, America always has a war they are willing to send them off to fight. What happens when other World Police Departments want to fight over jurisdiction?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Whether we realize it or not, video game lovers spend countless hours wrapped up in these engrossing and realistic war scenarios. It softens the viewer to war. And when the kids turn 18, America always has a war they are willing to send them off to fight. What happens when other World Police Departments want to fight over jurisdiction?

Meh.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    You're getting on a video game soapbox now, too? Is there anything you DON'T hate.

I wasted entirely too much of my "youth" gaming, and I'm no more prone to violence or desensitized than the next guy.

I've got some mad hand-eye coordination, though!

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX

This. Ive killed hundreds of millions of bad guys in games over the years and never though about their race while doing it. All games need a bad guy, why is anyone really surprised that the Chinese used us in a game. Hell, we used the Chinese Army as the villains in quite a few I can think of....

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

LOL, no ****...I guess it's OK to make anyone the bad guy except us.

I've killed a lot of Americans in Call if Duty online.

Traitor.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I can only get worked up about a limited number of topics per week and I've already fulfilled my quota for the next year.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Is it the same thing with american teenagers playing WWII video games where the germans, italians and japanese are the bad guys?
    They will hate those countries and want to kill citizens from those countries as they grow older?

:dunno:

I think chinese teenagers just like teenagers from all around the world can make the difference bewteen their game and real life.

I played video games where the character is a NYPD cop and I killed a bunch of US citizens in the streets of NYC.
    That's just a game, that didnt make me hate america and its citizens and certainly never made me shoot anyone in real life. :rolleyes:

:twocents:

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    I played grand theft auto like a mad man back in the day, but I've never stolen a car or slept with a hooker in real life...................................

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You're getting on a video game soapbox now, too? Is there anything you DON'T hate.

I wasted entirely too much of my "youth" gaming, and I'm no more prone to violence or desensitized than the next guy.

I've got some mad hand-eye coordination, though!

Nah, I actually like video games and have pwnd plenty of n00bs and campers in my day. :ar15:

I just thought it was interesting that the U.S. is openly portrayed as the villain, and they don't even have to invent a fictitious storyline! lol

If its a non-issue, then... this thread too shall pass.

World ends tomorrow anyways! Have a good rapture y'all! :):

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Nah, I actually like video games and have pwnd plenty of n00bs and campers in my day. :ar15:

I just thought it was interesting that the U.S. is openly portrayed as the villain, and they don't even have to invent a fictitious storyline! lol

If its a non-issue, then... this thread too shall pass.

World ends tomorrow anyways! Have a good rapture y'all! :):
    I'll be camping and fishing.........................it's the best way to go!

NovemberKilo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I played grand theft auto like a mad man back in the day, but I've never stolen a car or slept with a hooker in real life...

You're missing out... ;)

On topic, at first I kind of thought, "Yeah, start desensitizing the Chinese youth so when World War 4 begins, they'll already be conditioned..."

But just as quickly as that crossed my mind, I realized what everyone else is saying: I've played as the Spetsnaz killing Americans on Modern Warfare and Black Ops without ever giving it a second thought.

Time to get back to my chopper gunner and attack dogs... :D

Top Bottom