• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have never understood how other countries think this is in anyway part of their business... But they always seem to think it is.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Since our government has pretty much mortgaged the whole country to Red china, perhaps they think they have ownership. Seems like I read an important book that says the "borrower is always subject |owned, possessed, servant, slave| to the lender".

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Yeah im going with if they want us disarmed its cause they want to invade and are scared of a rifle behind every blade of grass. But knowing Obama he might go for this. And if we get Hillary next because the GOP cant pick a conservative nominee then we can bet she will try.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Since our government has pretty much mortgaged the whole country to Red china, perhaps they think they have ownership. Seems like I read an important book that says the "borrower is always subject |owned, possessed, servant, slave| to the lender".

One of the recent Brad Thor books actually had a scenario like that. China was going to EMP the United States, then exercise their rights as bondholders to claim the empty territory after the die-off.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    One of the recent Brad Thor books actually had a scenario like that. China was going to EMP the United States, then exercise their rights as bondholders to claim the empty territory after the die-off.
    An EMP would not cripple the US... first, aint no EMP weapon gonna knock EVERYTHING out. Second, if it's turned off, no emp damage. Third, the important stuff is shielded. Fourth, EMPs don't stop guns, Fifth, how many computer guys do you know? How many of them have an arsenal of computers sitting in a closet? How many of those computer guys do you think it would take to bring critical systems back online after the grid was restored? yeah... not concerned.

I could personally repopulate a small business (albeit with slightly older tech) with the stuff in my garage...

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    There are about 300 million privately owned firearms in the United States. On the other hand, there are somewhere between 450 and 900 million privately owned bicycles in China. People in China are far more likely to be injured riding a bicycle than people in the USA are likely to be injured by a firearm. Therefore, I demand that Chinese citizens be de-bicycle-ized. A common sense law is needed for their own safety of course, they would be much better off walking.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    If I remember right I believe it was China that sent us 1 BAZILLION chintzy SKS rifles. At one point the market was flooded to the extent that Bradis was pushing them out for $79 apiece...... bayonets $7 extra. Not to mention those dirty gummy green bricks of 7.62/39.

It was at that same time the Chinese propaganda station on shortwave was telling that they were sending us arms in the hope that we could curb our own government before THEY HAD TO! (gotta love that China radio international!)

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    If I remember right I believe it was China that sent us 1 BAZILLION chintzy SKS rifles. At one point the market was flooded to the extent that Bradis was pushing them out for $79 apiece...... bayonets $7 extra. Not to mention those dirty gummy green bricks of 7.62/39. It was at that same time the Chinese propaganda station on shortwave was telling that they were sending us arms in the hope that we could curb our own government before THEY HAD TO! (gotta love that China radio international!)
    Hey! They're Communists; they don't have to be consistent and hypocrisy is their bread-and-butter/meat-and-potatoes.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I have never understood how other countries think this is in anyway part of their business... But they always seem to think it is.

Kind of like Hillary going to Beijing to lecture China on internet freedom. In '09 I think it was...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    #(#&$^!%&^&) %)@&#&$& %@@+__*$&@ @)*)*$*%)@

Sorry, my Chinese is a little rusty....... roughly translated in english is "**** you china"

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    An EMP would not cripple the US... first, aint no EMP weapon gonna knock EVERYTHING out. Second, if it's turned off, no emp damage. Third, the important stuff is shielded. Fourth, EMPs don't stop guns, Fifth, how many computer guys do you know? How many of them have an arsenal of computers sitting in a closet? How many of those computer guys do you think it would take to bring critical systems back online after the grid was restored? yeah... not concerned.

I could personally repopulate a small business (albeit with slightly older tech) with the stuff in my garage...

It was a book, so obviously some suspension of disbelief is inherent, but . . .

- there were multiple EMPs in multiple city, aligned in such a way to take out the entire electrical grid.

- Lead time on ordering replacement transformers for the entire grid is in the order of years if not decades. We don't produce them domestically.

- By the time the grid could be brought back online, how many crops would have rotted in the fields, or people died due to lack of medicines?

Check out Bill Forstchen's book "One Second After." Very thoroughly researched and pretty stunning in its implications.

Top Bottom